Archived Help with Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be switching over as a signing member soon. I used to be a plano team member so I have an idea on how to do signing. But our PTL has never given past signing team members a workload each day..

For PTLs and signing team members, is there any routine that you guys do for each day (other than unloading signing pallets on Sunday nights)?

Here is some advice I gave a while back.

Never stop moving.
Signing is like being a shark, you stop moving you are going to die.
Actually you are more likely to be pecked to death by ducks, there is no end to the needy TM's, TL's and ETL's you will be dealing with.
I suggest a notebook to write things down because you will forget and it will come back to bite you.
The sharpie is your friend, mark your boxes in big letters with what they are (in better terms than what it says on the box) and when you want to do it (that will probably change but best guess).
Keep your stuff organized and hurt anyone who messes with it (seriously beat them, best them hard).
OK, you can't beat them but call them out on it.
The fixture room is going to be your bailiwick so make sure no one dumps and runs, shelves, baskets or carts.
Track them down and make sure they put the stuff away.
Whine, pout, cry if you have to, you won't be able to do your job if you have to fight to get your stuff every day.

well my signing individual would give you advice on the lines of, "if you dont want to put it up, throw it out and say it never came"

i rly rly hate my stores signing person -_-

Lol, I FINALLY had some time today to clean out the death trap ... I mean fixture room. Toss, pitch, throw, toss, .... Repeat.

Danimal, I've got a couple tips. But first, no one gives you a schedule to do signing. I'm assuming you won't only be doing signing. In the past, I've done signing + revisions, signing + pog, and signing + flow. The last worked the best.

You'll just have to find a schedule that works for you. Currently, I do signing + revisions. I usually do revisions the first part of the day and signing the second part. If there is overhead signing, I put it together before I leave, then right up the next morning.

It's a constant struggle with my tl and etl to do signing. They are always minimizing it and pushing me to do more pog. So instead of asking to go do signing, I TELL them I'm going to do it. Or just go do it.

Unless specifically asked to, do not keep stuff like old fixtures, displays, etc. For every 100 things you keep, 99 will never be used again. Yeah, you'll need that 1 thing, but it will be buried and irretrievable under those other 99 things.

Organize your ceiling clips by length. I keep mine in marked mmb repacks.

Will you be doing the ordering for paper, card stock, fixtures, etc? If so, keep a notebook of specific numbers. For instance, peg label holders are AP0036. Just looking up words on SAP can be time consuming.

Good luck! I love signing. You get to be involved storewide.

well my signing individual would give you advice on the lines of, "if you dont want to put it up, throw it out and say it never came"

i rly rly hate my stores signing person -_-

Our PTL says that to our past signing TMs

Lol, I FINALLY had some time today to clean out the death trap ... I mean fixture room. Toss, pitch, throw, toss, .... Repeat.

Danimal, I've got a couple tips. But first, no one gives you a schedule to do signing. I'm assuming you won't only be doing signing. In the past, I've done signing + revisions, signing + pog, and signing + flow. The last worked the best.

You'll just have to find a schedule that works for you. Currently, I do signing + revisions. I usually do revisions the first part of the day and signing the second part. If there is overhead signing, I put it together before I leave, then right up the next morning.

It's a constant struggle with my tl and etl to do signing. They are always minimizing it and pushing me to do more pog. So instead of asking to go do signing, I TELL them I'm going to do it. Or just go do it.

Unless specifically asked to, do not keep stuff like old fixtures, displays, etc. For every 100 things you keep, 99 will never be used again. Yeah, you'll need that 1 thing, but it will be buried and irretrievable under those other 99 things.

Organize your ceiling clips by length. I keep mine in marked mmb repacks.

Will you be doing the ordering for paper, card stock, fixtures, etc? If so, keep a notebook of specific numbers. For instance, peg label holders are AP0036. Just looking up words on SAP can be time consuming.

Good luck! I love signing. You get to be involved storewide.

Thanks! this really helped a lot. Is there such a thing as a master copy of fixtures and signing fixtures? Sometimes part numbers aren't written on the fixture.. and yea SAP is a pain with keywords

Our PTL says that to our past signing TMs

Thanks! this really helped a lot. Is there such a thing as a master copy of fixtures and signing fixtures? Sometimes part numbers aren't written on the fixture.. and yea SAP is a pain with keywords

I'm sure there's a master copy somewhere, but I've never had one.

Another thing, I call/text the signing person at the next nearest store when there are questions. Her and I use each other as resources if we don't understand something.

The most important thing about signing is this : nobody knows anything about signing and what your work entails. Use this site and Keep good contact with your trainer. Make sure you are trained with a good signing tm. That is critical!

For signing guides go under new stores remodel and signing guides, it has ALOT OF PART NUMBERS. Under work bench look label holder guides and you'll find all the label holders. Also print out the apparel,electronics, cosmetics, pfresh, andfixture guides and etc. next make a list of the fixtures as you get them. I use excel. I use the number, name and area of store. Put all this in a binder.

Also on work bench you can order a bunch of stickers that have all the part numbers and actual pictures. Usually just look up the pog and if you can't find the fixture take a picture and mysupport it.

Keep track of everything, always keep signing sorted and build a great relationship with your team. But don't be a pushover.

from our signing thread:

So a 3-tier is $133. Wow.

My only advice: Bring a water bottle full of vodka and take a drink every time those people who you contact that I can't think of right now oh my god you send them messages and they respond. They're useless. anyways my advice is drink every time EDIT: MYSUPPORT fails to help you

fuck mysupport

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back