Archived Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently started working at Target on March 19 as sales floor team member, I go to school full time as well. and since about mid April I've been scheduled for instocks. I don't even get scheduled for my own position anymore. Not gonna lie I hate instocks and the whole 6 am work thing is not for me. In the fall I'm taking morning classes though, so thank God I won't be able to do instocks anymore. I'm trying to get out of doing instocks in the summer though, I can't do anything at night because I have to go to bed early, how can I get out of instocks? Other TMS tell me just to talk to the HR ETL and tell her I don't like instocks but since I've only been working there almost 2 months I don't know if that's a good idea...another option is tell them I'm taking a summer class and change my availability. Help?

I'd honestly just go to hr and ask to be scheduled more in whatever your area is. Orrr, if you know someone who's in the opposite situation, make some swaps. I don't think you can change your availability until after 90 days, but if 6am isn't for you, change your availability as soon as you can.

Talk to HR. Even if you are under your 90 days, the worst that can happen is you will be told "no."

And don't lie about taking summer classes to try and guilt them into changing your availability.

Welcome! I hope that when you had interview & filling your spot application, you did tell spot mgt that you are going to school full time? Under 90 days, they may say no, like others have said.

Last edited:
Changing your availability from what was on your application 2 months after you got hired is kinda a red flag.

But what should really be concerning you is that you're working on In-Stocks when your primary work center is Salesfloor. In-Stocks team members are a higher pay grade than In-Stocks. Ask HR if you're getting paid the extra amount for In-Stocks. If not, you shouldn't be in that work center.

I don't thnk I would to the hr and say well this 6 am thing isn't for me. More than likely, that will make it sound like you just don't want to get up in the mornings etc and that will put them on on the defensive right out of the gate.( I mean who does but we have to do what we have to do ). I would just tell them that you are having a hard time juggling your course load and work....and if there was any way you could come in later or change work centers etc. because that would help you out . Hopefully, they will help you out .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back