Archived :( HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a cafe team member and I'm about on my 73rd day at target. I've had 2 coachings on my attendance. Recently my team leader has been going out of her way to single me out. I did show up to work late at the start of my employment but never anything more than 6minutes and always called in to let them know. My attendance has drastically improved since my first coaching. I work the hardest out of all my team members and consistently pick up any shifts for any team member that asks me. But after reading a few posts I believe they started the termination process for me.(?) I was coached a second time on my 70th day I believe. They reminded me I was on my 90 day probation period.

My problem with my team leader started when I reported an LOD because of an incident I had with the LOD. I was working at the cafe from 1pm-6pm shift. I had stocked the cafe with fresh pizzas, pretzels, hotdogs, pastas, and breadsticks and tried to notify the front end to cover my break. I needed to go to the bathroom urgently and pick up candles for my mothers birthday which I was going to right after my shift. The front end completely ignored me. The store wasn't busy at all. I watched them listen to me ask for assistance and they just went about doing nothing. This isn't really that rare said my teammates (apparently cafe never gets breaks). I've had a talk with my team lead before about how I never get my breaks and how in general I feel pretty neglected. Because I also received almost no training at all. She said previously if I get ignored I should just leave the cafe because I have the right to my break. So I did. I went to the bathroom quickly and grabbed a pack of candles headed back and saw a Starbucks member helping customers. The LOD came around quickly and started throwing her hands up in the air. Before she talked I told her I hadn't gone on my break it was 530 I tried to get someone to cover it but everyone was ignoring me. I told her my team lead said I have the right to my break. She cut me off and said we'll shes the LOD and she says I don't leave here unless there's someone there. She was very condescending and rude. I reported her to HR. To the best of my knowledge what I did was right. I told HR that I had poor training and I may have done the wrong thing but I told HR how I was a hard worker and super cooperative I didn't deserve the way she talked to me. I felt the way HR justified the way she treated me. They said well she had alot of calloffs so she was having a bad night.
I was supposed to transfer over to be a starbucks teammember when school started but I didn't get my training till a week ago when I mentioned it to HR after the incident.

After a few days my team lead confronted me. She came up to me was like "Do you have something to tell me?" I answered back saying "uhh..no?" She badgered me saying "Are you sure?" I said "uhh yeah..?". She goes "Well I heard you went to HR. I hate it when you guys go to HR."
I told her how I didn't even talk about her it was about my incident with the LOD.
We pretty much had a not so quiet argument in the cafe kitchen. She discourages from going to HR."I don't want you guys going to HR and saying bad stuff about me because HR will just tell me and it will awkward."
They've kinda made more of an effort to cover our breaks lately because of the fact I was so vocal about it. But I kinda feel like the authority has been looking at me very weirdly.

For my second coaching she said I should improve on my punctuality.(on my 70th day I believe) my team lead approached me with no details and only mentioned 1 day that I was late. I notified her about that day. On several of our schedules posted in bulletins it said I was to come in at 4:45 but in the schedule online it said 4:15 I noticed a few days later she said she would look into it. After a few hours after the coaching I realized this and I asked her if there was multiple times I was late. She replied with " I am off till monday we can talk about this then. I am spending time with my family right now." She replies to all my other team members text messages except mine even though its regarding work. She also said to text her if I had any questions. Ever since I told her I wanted to move to Starbucks permanently her alienation of me has become more blatant. I was working at Starbucks and she said hi to everyone except me. My team lead also has an obvious favorite her friend she hired from her old job. Her friend is very lazy skips on tasks all the time and writes huge long letters to teammates when they make mistakes. She also gets majority of the hours. Is late way more often than I am and arrives 30-1hour late constantly. But I feel like her job is not at stake like mine. She also doesn't get along with one of the cafe team members and they constantly bicker. Once one walks away the other says something bad about them.It's just a horrible atmosphere to work in.

I tried transfering but they won't let me because of my tardies.I've tried really hard at this job. I may not have been extremely punctual but I stay later than anyone + pick up shifts more than anyone. I go out of my way to help all the team members like doing specific jobs they do not like doing when they are closing and trying to get everything out of the way for them. I don't skip tasks and are usually really organized. Now that I'm Starbucks trained I make sure Starbucks and cafe team members get their breaks. I help out Starbucks when they have rushes. I almost always have a very positive and cooperative attitude. Is there something I can do?( I'm sorry if I missed any details and this was very confusing.)

Welcome! Stop looking at online schedule for starters. Take a picture of the wall schedule & go by that. Don't be late or call out. There is a chance you won't be kept on after 90 days due to attendance, based on your posting.

I hope this works out for you. If they do anything, point out your improvements and ask for a second chance. Everyone deserves one.
I like you, you sound just like me! :eek:

Welcome! Stop looking at online schedule for starters. Take a picture of the wall schedule & go by that. Don't be late or call out. There is a chance you won't be kept on after 90 days due to attendance, based on your posting.

Any reason why you suggest going off the schedule on the wall? At my store, that one is always out of date and my HR has the tendency to adjust the schedule as needed, so the online schedule is always the most up-to-date for us.

With all the training you've gotten under your belt, they'd be nuts to get rid of you but stranger things have happened in the world of spot.
As HLM said, work on your punctuality. If you have to copy both schedules, do it.
Whenever your TL brings up the 'going to HR', quietly remind her that it was because of the ETL, not her (TL).
Keep your head down, do your job & try to stay below their radar.
Don't worry about the TL's pet unless they keep coaching you for things she isn't even spoken to about. If it happens a lot, document THEN ask your ETL-HR about applying discipline consistently.
If they do term you before your 90, see if you can get a job with a regular Starbucks - better pay & bennies.

Last edited:
Online schedules are actually more reliable. By far. Shifts change, and the site is the only way to know about it.

Online schedules are actually more reliable. By far. Shifts change, and the site is the only way to know about it.
At my store, not the case. My tm's show up & find out, oh we changed the schedule. It happened in sbx & spot tried to take 10 hours from them. But, the sbtl & sbtm's had pics of the wall schedule at posting, to save the sbx contract day.

At my store, not the case. My tm's show up & find out, oh we changed the schedule. It happened in sbx & spot tried to take 10 hours from them. But, the sbtl & sbtm's had pics of the wall schedule at posting, to save the sbx contract day.

Pics are fine to support you if they take hours away, but if the schedule changes so much as 15 minutes, it will show online, not on the wall. You HAVE to follow the site. Otherwise you will be written up. Is it wrong? Yes. Does that make a difference? No.

Pics are fine to support you if they take hours away, but if the schedule changes so much as 15 minutes, it will show online, not on the wall. You HAVE to follow the site. Otherwise you will be written up. Is it wrong? Yes. Does that make a difference? No.
I think it's a case of ASANTS here, because at my store there's a giant bold sign by the wall that says "DO NOT FOLLOW ONLINE SCHEDULE ONLY WHAT IS POSTED ON THE WALL."

Usually they're the only way I figured out they cut my hours for payroll lately, since they continue to cut cut cut. But ideally I'd have to agree with Hardlines, at least then you can blame the store for adjusting your schedule. Sometimes online my schedule will be off by about 30 minutes.... Man it was embarrassing showing up for SFS training thirty minutes late.

How can the online schedule be used when it cannot be accessed more often than not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back