Logistics Here’s a helpful app for all you Fulfillment Experts out there.

Not my real name, so 😜. Trust me I know about being undercover helpful. Aliases exist.

Isn’t it like the third time going down this road 🤦🏻‍♂️

So whats exactly wrong with this? Assuming the app doesn't collect information or compromise other work confidentiality.

Its super annoying having to scan the cart for every item in an OPU. I can see how this wouldn't work for SFS though.
Id rather just see the next item so I can grab it as well on the way back to my cart instead of making 20 return trips for 20 different flavors of baby food.

I don’t really think this is much of a problem. The thing that killed myStore is the fact that guests were using it as tools to find collectors items. This is just a glorified barcode scanner with some bells and whistles. Shouldn’t be too big a problem.

So whats exactly wrong with this? Assuming the app doesn't collect information or compromise other work confidentiality.

Its super annoying having to scan the cart for every item in an OPU. I can see how this wouldn't work for SFS though.
Id rather just see the next item so I can grab it as well on the way back to my cart instead of making 20 return trips for 20 different flavors of baby food.
SFS carts are designed to be more user-friendly anyways since they were built after fulfillment became a thing. The 3-tiers were pre-fulfillment and weren’t designed to be easy to use for that, clearly. I made this app due to complaints from TMs at my store that there was either barcodes missing on carts or the new cart label printing method in myDay wasn’t working.

View attachment 12933
Spot is already in the process of doing away with scanning into carts so they need for this isn’t that high. Spot will take down this app. They don’t want team members using any app that isn’t provided by Target themselves
My TL already pushed the MyDay fulfillment training to me and had me do it since I basically train all of the new people and those cross-trained in fulfillment, but I remember that it still included scanning into carts in MyDay. I could be wrong and maybe I am confusing it with something else in the training but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't implemented since its already October and the merge isn't supposed to happen for like 2 weeks. This could be implemented in a future update which would make sense because scanning to carts and sub-locations serves no purpose except maybe for sfs and keeping a persons same order in the same subcart to make prepping and packing a little faster.

Last edited:
My TL already pushed the MyDay fulfillment training to me and had me do it since I basically train all of the new people and those cross-trained in fulfillment, but I remember that it still included scanning into carts in MyDay. I could be wrong and maybe I am confusing it with something else in the training but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't implemented since its already October and the merge isn't supposed to happen for like 2 weeks. This could be implemented in a future update which would make sense because scanning to carts and sub-locations serves no purpose except maybe for sfs and keeping a persons same order in the same subcart to make prepping and packing a little faster.
I could only see subcarts still being kinda helpful but it also isn’t necessarily required for SFS..
Now that TM names are show on in progress batches the cart ids aren’t really needed

I feel like that has to do with the blue 'no cart tied' button that they already got rid of earlier this year when they updated OPU and more recently with SFS in ePick, and not removing the need for card IDs

keeping a persons same order in the same subcart to make prepping and packing a little faster.
This is almost never the case because the amount of time you will spend organizing will outweigh the time you save in put, toilet paper and bulkier items, plus the fact that 3 tier dividers are a pain in the ass to move around. Id honestly rather have no dividers at all.

Back