Archived Hesistant Seasonal TM Who Wants To Stay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied at Target in October really just as a fluke. I didn't really want to work there, but I kinda needed a part time job. As such, I was very honest (perhaps brutally so) in my interview, and was somewhat shocked when I was offered a job on the spot. Now I get it, they were hiring seasonal TM's and just needed warm bodies.

But a strange thing happened...I started to like the job. A lot. My 9-5 job is in Human Resources, I'm required to do a lot of thinking and make a lot of difficult decisions. At Target, I do very little thinking, I just do pulls, zone, returns, etc. I would say it's easy, and I guess it kind of is, but I really make an effort to learn daily and do a good job.

In November, I noticed my hours were increasing. At it's peak, I was scheduled for 37 hours a week (I had requested a max of 20). That meant working nearly 80 hours a week, which became untenable. But because I enjoyed it, I put off mentioning anything to my ETL. Ultimately I did, and my hours were reduced to a more manageable amount.

In early December, I informed my ETL that I didn't know if it made a difference or not, but that I was very interested in staying on past the holidays. She told me that I was a very good and reliable employee and that she was happy I wanted to stay. I still don't really know if they will keep me or not (I work nights and my ETL has been working mostly days lately), but the new schedule is out and I'm down to 2 shifts a week. I guess that's better than none?

Regardless, I've enjoyed my time with Target. In some ways, our store feels like a true team. Most everyone steps in and helps when needed. I hope I get to stay, but if not, I'll be the first one to apply next fall.

I mean, if it were me, I'd stay. The 10% is nice, and if it's not harming your other job, you can always quit if you decide it isn't for you.

Yep even "full time" employees' hours get cut to almost nothing after Christmas. If you want part time hours Target is perfect for you

Reactions: Dog
You're missing the point. I WANT to stay. But I've noticed hours dropping and I'm worried that I'm going to be cut loose.

Yep even "full time" employees' hours get cut to almost nothing after Christmas. If you want part time hours Target is perfect for you
My hours thus far and I still have an 8 hour shift tomorrow hopefully it will be 8 and not 14

Attachments

• 33563CC8-14FB-47A9-8646-7905BE01E894.jpeg
    33563CC8-14FB-47A9-8646-7905BE01E894.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 26
It's quite possible that your are being kept on. Best thing to do is ask your ETL, TL, or HR. At this time leadership has pretty much decided who the 'keepers" are.

However, hours fall off a cliff. One or 2 shifts a week is not unusual, it's the norm. That even applies to those that were getting close to 40 hours a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back