Archived Hey everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

APredux

APTL
I'm excited to say I recently accepted an APTL position in the town I currently live. It will be nice to cut my commute down from nearly an hour to a 10 minute drive across town. There's even a bike path the whole way to work, if I feel especially motivated! I remember visiting these forums back in the day, but I never registered. I figured this time around I might as well.

Back in the day when I started college, within a few months I also got my start in the field of AP at Target. I did the TPS and eventually Sr. TPS thing for a few years, then due AP hours cuts at the time, and transferring colleges, I had to seek employment elsewhere. I went over to our friends at Wal-Mart and joined their AP team for a couple years. It was a slight pay cut but guaranteed 40 hours a week. Worked plain clothes, made a lot of fun stops, learned a few things, but as I was graduating college I realized the pay wasn't good enough for having my degree, so I went to work in the corporate security department of a private company for $5 more an hour than I was making at Wal-Mart. Well one day I decided to look around for any AP jobs available closer to where I lived, and what do you know, there was an APTL position open! I applied on a whim, got the call back, did my series of interviews, and received a job offer. Did a little negotiating, got them to raise their offer, and I accepted. Now I'll be making more than I did in private security, and maybe more importantly, I'll have 1/4th the commute. Score!

I really look forward to sharing stories and experiences with all of you, and hopefully learning some new things along the way. Say hi, shoot me a message, whatever. Stay safe out there, but don't forget to have some fun!

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back