Archived Hey, I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working at Target for a couple of weeks now and am finally starting to get the hang of things (I think). I've lurked around here on and off since I applied but now that I'm actually working I figured it was past time I made an account.

I'm technically Softlines... I think. I was told in the interview when I was hired that I would be Fitting Rooms, but on my orientation paperwork it says Softlines, and so far I have only been trained on/worked Softlines and Cashiering. I've also discovered that I greatly dislike working Softlines, but I actually enjoy Cashiering. I don't know what else to tell you so I suppose that will have to work as an introduction for now!

Welcome to The Break Room! Sales floor TMs that would rather cash are few and far between, so I'm sure your GSTLs appreciate having you on the team.

Really? Do you think they would let me change departments (would that be the right term)? I'm not even close to my 90 days being up and I know you aren't allowed to change your availability until then. If so, who would I talk to? (And sorry for all the questions, but should this be it's own topic?)

Welcome to The Break Room! Sales floor TMs that would rather cash are few and far between, so I'm sure your GSTLs appreciate having you on the team.

Really? Do you think they would let me change departments (would that be the right term)? I'm not even close to my 90 days being up and I know you aren't allowed to change your availability until then. If so, who would I talk to? (And sorry for all the questions, but should this be it's own topic?)

If you're within your 90 days, they may not let you, but I would ask HR about it. I would talk to your TL and/or ETL for guidance first though - they may have a plan for you.

definitely ask. even if not a lot can be done now, showing interest will help in the long term.

If that's what you really want, be persistent.

If you'd really rather do cashier and you show an aptitude, they will appreciate it...though you may want to read any of the many threads about Redcards first...:)

find any areas you'd like to train in and go for it....worst they can do is put you off...for now.

Thanks for the advice! I may hold off on asking for another week or so to get a better feel of things. My latest Softlines shift was not nearly as horrible as the previous ones have been... but it was also a very slow night and we were able to go home just after closing. It also looks like I'm about to get trained for Fitting Rooms/Operator, possibly. In that case, I feel like I should at least see how it goes before asking to get moved elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back