Archived Hey, new Cashier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working at Target for like a month now. My GSTL has been on my case randomly, about my hair and clothes, even though my clothes are up to code and there's nothing about having bangs in the team member handbook thing. She also got on my case for wearing too much make up(I only wear eyeliner, or eyeshadow, and lipstick at times..), and she's been making me antsy because today I didn't sell a redcard. In the month that I worked for target, I've gotten a red card pretty much every day, this has been only the second day in the month where I didn't get one...I've read online that target can get fire-happy and lay off people, especially those in the 90 day period...I've been applying elsewhere just in case.
Is it serious? I don't know if I'm being overly nervous because of everything I've read online or if I am justified in the fear of being fired.

I would suggest talking to another Team Lead about this, or even an ETL or the STL. Your GSTL is out of line and needs to be more professional.

I just feel awkward and kind of like it would be a bad thing to bring it up. At my last job, me saying something to someone about something that was out of line didn't get me fired or anything, but it did backfire on me and I was treated more harshly because I found out the manager was racist and he favored Jamaicans and people who are not native to the U.S. so I was made to close every single night at my last job and I worked there for 8 months, had never called out and the one day that I did, they said I would have 'major consequences' so I just quit and never looked back. I've kept to myself, I've been polite, despite my usual awkwardness but I don't think anyone would help me out :p. I texted a coworker who's also been a friend about what I should do, but she hasn't responded back yet because she's closing, I'm guessing. Do you have any tips on how I should bring it up to a TL, ETL, or STL?

Last edited:
Pick one of the team leads you feel comfortable with, or whom other team members seem to be at ease with. Just ask to speak to them privately, and let them know what's been going on. Be as polite and respectful as you can.

Greetings and salutations.
Don't let this crazy person get to you.
Just keep doing your job the absolute best you can, knock it out of the park, so to speak.
If they continue to harass you, then you should do as rogue suggested though.

I'm going to try. She seems a bit out there...My other TL's all seem nice except for her, and this other lady who's one vacation who seems to flip back and forth from absolute bitch to sweetest person in the world. I'm still in that 90 day period, and I kind of need this job so I've been threading lightly and just pretending it doesn't bother me. Thanks for the advice :)

Update, just got out of work not too long ago. My coworker stood up for me and she told the gstl working that shift and they told me if the other gstl started something again, that I should tell the LOD because she isn't allowed to tell me to change my appearance just because she doesn't like it.

Welcome to The Break Room! (Psst...one of these vending machines might steal your change) lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back