"Heyday" turntable - anyone buying these?

Just before thanksgiving, there was a big deal about Target's new Heyday turntable for playing LPs. It seems to have nice features for the money but I haven't seen any of these sold at our store. Target.com sells audio-technica turntables, and there seems to be little info online about the Heyday TT. Anyone know about this?

I actually bought one when we had that one day deal for heyday products. It's actually surprisingly good. I've gone thru 2 different types of crosley players and I actually really like the heyday one. I have mine connected to play thru my Google home. Sounds great (for the cost).

The folks at Steve's Forum are going to do a good job of looking at a turntable from all sides.

From reading the thread it looks like this is a decent first turntable for folks just getting into vinyl.

These come in-and-out of stock but I haven't personally seen any sales when I've been around. Here's a very recent and rather positive Youtube review: The $99 Heyday Turntable from Target - Recordology The user comments are quite interesting for this unit, made in China by Guangdong Leetac Electronics Technology Co. Ltd .

FYI here's a good thorough review of the Heyday turntable from a Youtuber whom I respect, "Record-Ology". If I didn't already have two turntables, I'd buy one.

I think there’s a lot better options in the same price range. Audio Technica has great brand reputation, and good prices-

I use an Audio-Technica AT-LP60 (gifted to me by family) which performs rather well, as well as a very good 1970s-vintage Dual 1219 turntable.
The AT-LP60 is a surprisingly nice design including being fully automatic. The newer AT-LP60x has some changes - watch VWestlife's comparison of the two units:

I'd still be intrigued by the Heyday turntable in part because you can change the phono cartridge if desired. The LP60 cartridge is non-removable, only the stylus is replaceable. P.S. Our Target sells the AT-LP60x and you can find other Audio-Technica turntables as well as the Heyday at target.com.

Back