Archived Hi Everyone +Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new hire, had orientation last week and now I'm on my first week of training.

I actually wanted to ask your advice on something.. Literally a week after my orientation, I've discovered I may be expecting. We're taking a test in a few days to see. But if so.. How does that typically affect my 90 day probationary period? If I genuinely didn't know at the time of hire, and I was hired for instocks. Would they typically be willing to keep me around /work around any risks?

I'm pretty nervous about it.

Last edited:
Laws protect pregnant women. Target is an equal opportunity employer. They can not legally ask you if you are pregnant during the interview or intentions of motherhood, therefore it doesn't matter whether or not you tell them up front. They can however ask if you are able to do the job you are being hired for. For instance, if you were on the flow team, said that you could lift 40lbs then immediately couldn't because you are pregnant, technically that's failure to perform core roles. But again, laws protect you and you're on the instocks team. They can't and shouldn't use pregnancy against you. I think you'll be fine and they'll work with you. Congratulations!

Welcome to The Break Room, fellow Harry Potter fan. Good luck with everything.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Don't worry about it.
You're protected by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back