Archived Hi, I'm a newly hired PTL in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks! So glad I found this board... Really impressed with all the info and support here.

I've joined Target after 11 years as a Assistant Manager at Walmart Canada. I had a few years before that as a Paint/Hardware lead hand at another Canadian big box chain. I am so excitied I've made the switch from the blue box to the big red box!

The store I'm at is pretty rough. It's been open just over a year, and of the 170 original hires only 16 are left, so the store lost a lot of processes that were in place. The flow team is only half staffed right now, so that's been a hiring priority. However, my presentation team is a pretty good, hardworking bunch: 4 ladies that know their stuff, just need support and direction.

Since I'm new to the company, I really appreciate the tips and best practices that I have been finding here. I hope that once I get into the rhythm I'll be able to contribute more than questions.

I'm looking forward to getting to know people here.

Yeah, it's been that's rough... they really stressed in the interview they were looking for "people leaders" to stem to bleeding... I imagine that why they are paying me almost the same amount to manage a team of 4 people when I managed a team of 25 at Walmart... they are desperate for managers that can take care of their people and stop the turnover. Two of the original ETL's remain and the store is on it's third store manager in 12 months... The new store manager reiterates in every leaders meeting that our job is to hire, train and show the love.

I think my stories about taking the turnover in the shoe dept at Walmart from 200% to 17%, and standards from 78% to 100% in a year are what got me the job.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Sounds like you really have your job cut out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back