Archived Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Hi everyone!

Just got hired at Target, my training (cashier, guest service) is this weekend, my orientation was this past week.

Excited to start! My first question: will the cashier training also include how to log on and set up eHR? Or should I go in like 15 mins early to take care of that?

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions later, when I think of them. :)

Thanks!

Welcome to TBR!

Hopefully that is not your real name? Otherwise have a Moderator change your username for your protection.

Hi everyone!

Just got hired at Target, my training (cashier, guest service) is this weekend, my orientation was this past week.

Excited to start! My first question: will the cashier training also include how to log on and set up eHR? Or should I go in like 15 mins early to take care of that?

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions later, when I think of them. :)

Thanks!

Hello and Welcome!

For beginners, I hope that is not your real name as Target frowns upon this website and has been known to shut it down. Good news is you can change your name if it is.

You will not be able to log into eHR until your TM is finalized into the system so check with HR on when you might be able too.

Otherwise we are happy to help.

No, it's not my real name (thanks for checking, though!). My TM number works for a discount online, so I assume that means I'm in the system? If so, does my training include eHR setup?

You will have some computer training to complete, so that is probably when you will set up eHR. You can just ask someone when you get there. Welcome.

Welcome to Target and welcome to The Break Room. Enjoy the ride.

Thanks! I do have one more question that came to mind: I'm a minor, but if I add myself as an authorized user to my parents red card and get a red card in my name, is that allowed to use with my discount? The card is in my name, but the account obviously will not be, so legally, I won't be the one paying the bill even though I would be using a card in my name at checkout.

Also, someone I know comes through my lane, and I convince them to get a redcard, that's ok, right? It's not 'not ok' because I know them, right?

Last edited:
Thanks! I do have one more question that came to mind: I'm a minor, but if I add myself as an authorized user to my parents red card and get a red card in my name, is that allowed to use with my discount? The card is in my name, but the account obviously will not be, so legally, I won't be the one "paying" even though I would be at checkout.
I would play it safe and you could always get the RedCard Debit Card to use with your discount.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Thanks! I do have one more question that came to mind: I'm a minor, but if I add myself as an authorized user to my parents red card and get a red card in my name, is that allowed to use with my discount? The card is in my name, but the account obviously will not be, so legally, I won't be the one paying the bill even though I would be using a card in my name at checkout.

Also, someone I know comes through my lane, and I convince them to get a redcard, that's ok, right? It's not 'not ok' because I know them, right?
Welcome!
You have to be 18 years old to get a red credit card. You can get a debit red card, I think.
You can use your folks red card with discount, just don't say anything.
If you are cashier, always ask any guest for a red card.

You have to be 18 years old to get a red credit card. You can get a debit red card, I think.
Not if you're just an authorized user on another person's account, I believe. I just don't know if they only check the name on the card, or if they check the name on the account. I'll ask HR when I go in today, and post back here after my shift, in case anyone is wondering.

Also, thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back