Archived Hi !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!
I'm new to both this site and Target . Today I started my first official day as a new target cashier. The day started off ok . I had spent most of it at the training register with my manual . Luckily I was next to a guy I was in orientation with so it wasn't too boring . Then when I got to my last hour I was able to take my 15 min break . When I got back from that I was sent to shadow another cashier for 30 mins ( He was about to get off work ) and then I was sent to work with someone else. Lets just say it wasnt a pleasent experiance. My first "guest" was a total bitch . She broke up her purchases into four seperate ones . The first three was relatively small and paid with gift cards . Her fourth and final transaction tho was a cart over flowing with small things like pencils , chapsticks and clearence stuff . I got about half way through the mess when she started just pushing piles of her stuff up the belt to where it was overflowing onto the scanner and was huffing and puffing saying " can you please hurry up . I do have other places to be " . I apologised and explained that this was my first day and she was actually my first customer . She then said " well this is completely unacceptable . I should get a free giftcard for waiting so long." Eventually I got her out of there . She was kind enough to leave me with a headache tho o_O

And THAT, dear children, is an encounter with the dreaded "entitlement queen".
They go out of their way to be inconvenienced in an effort to snag freebies.
Beware of this beast for they are plentiful....

And welcome, BTW.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Sorry to hear that your first customer was one of the dreaded BOWs (bi-atch on wheels).
I find the best way to handle them is to find a spot on their clothing around the shoulder (no place that could be taken sexually) and keep glancing at it like I see something really funny.
After a while it throws them off their game something fierce.

Welcome to Target and The Break Room! I'm sorry to hear that your first guest was a complete bitch. Generally, the nice and neutral ones outnumber them by a lot.

Here is a link to our cashier guide: http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/cashier.72/ Feel free to check it out, as well as the Wiki. We're always happy to help if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Too busy to wait in line, but enough free time to walk through and buy the entire store. I can never understand those people.
Congrats on experiencing your first crazie. Best of luck, and welcome!

Oh my goodness! How horrible for you, people can be so rude, seems they forget we are just people trying to do the best we can. Hope your next day is much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back