Archived Highest possible negotiation of GSA Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapeeee

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey all,

Thinking of applying for a GSA position in one of the local stores. Commute will be 20-30 minutes, and I have a few years of manager and supervisor experience. How high could I negotiate?

Pretty sure the most I've heard was 50 cents ($1 over base) and because they had outside supervisor experience. Very unlikely though and probably would keep you at just 50 cents over base.

Hey all,

Thinking of applying for a GSA position in one of the local stores. Commute will be 20-30 minutes, and I have a few years of manager and supervisor experience. How high could I negotiate?

We have one 1.50 over base. Anything less IMO isn't worth it.

Our store does a dollar, which I think is pretty fair if you plan to move to a TL position eventually. I would ask for more, and negotiate down to a dollar, and be prepared to explain why you deserve more money.

I don't think going for GSA is good if you're going to be in that position for more than a year. I consider it more of a transition/beginner role that people shouldn't be in for too long. So in other words, aim for TL, and look as GSA as like an extended training.

Good luck.

I haven't ever heard of a GSA negotiating up. I mean, if your store is desperate or if you're an absolutely outstanding team member, anything is possible.

We have one 1.50 over base. Anything less IMO isn't worth it.

Yeah with my experience, I would have to see at least 1.50-2 over base.

Our store does a dollar, which I think is pretty fair if you plan to move to a TL position eventually. I would ask for more, and negotiate down to a dollar, and be prepared to explain why you deserve more money.

I don't think going for GSA is good if you're going to be in that position for more than a year. I consider it more of a transition/beginner role that people shouldn't be in for too long. So in other words, aim for TL, and look as GSA as like an extended training.

I don't work for Target at all haha, but I'm trying to get into Target, I don't see a TL spot opening up though.

Yeah with my experience, I would have to see at least 1.50-2 over base.

I don't work for Target at all haha, but I'm trying to get into Target, I don't see a TL spot opening up though.

You won't get $2 for GSA. Why not got for an ETL position? Those are usually all external hires.

I wish i knew target would barely do internal hires before i applied to target.. Lol
I honestly would do GSA if i could do it like my current schedule... one shift a week lol saturday closes.

You won't get $2 for GSA. Why not got for an ETL position? Those are usually all external hires.
I do not have a Bachelors Degree, I'm going for my Associates right now but I'm currently an Assistant Manager at a restaurant and have multiple years of management experience. There is a recruiter I might reach out to that's in the area.

Red cards are not your friend. You might want to read some threads about gsa's. Spot has slow times & hours get cut. Don't expect 40 hours a week in the same job.

Red cards are not your friend. You might want to read some threads about gsa's. Spot has slow times & hours get cut. Don't expect 40 hours a week in the same job.
I've read around haha before. :p

When I was promoted to GSA before being promoted to GSTL I was earning over 2 dollars, (or four times), over base pay as my merit increase without negotiating.. however, I worked my ass off as a cashier. Do not believe that every GSA gets the same bump in pay. In my store most GSAs get more than 50 cents over base (around a dollar). It is really based on how hard you work. As a cashier, I was always extremely determined to promote and proved myself worthy.

I do not have a Bachelors Degree, I'm going for my Associates right now but I'm currently an Assistant Manager at a restaurant and have multiple years of management experience. There is a recruiter I might reach out to that's in the area.
Look for a TL job, or you can look for a ETL job in the job description "requires 4 year/bach degree or equivalent" and i was told what they mean by equivalent is management experience. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back