Archived Hiring event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard we didn't hire anyone today...

Heard everyone who walks in gets a interview, at two different stores near me. Dunno if anyone got hired

In my store, we're doing the following:
  • HR pre-screens JAS applicants and walk-ins
    • Location: HR area and hiring kiosk (which is where the national hire stuff is for us)
    • Give them the boot if they don't fit hiring needs
  • After the pre-screen, deliver applicants to TLs for first interviews
  • Anyone that makes it to a second interview goes to one of the ETLs in the building
As an aside, tell the applicants they aren't a good fit for the store's current needs if they aren't. Our (E)TLs have a bad habit of saying "we'll give you a call in a week," which prompts people to call us back and waste our time (and theirs).
Same here. I think we interviewed 3 or 4 people today. Have interviews for tomorrow morning, plus whatever we might have later during the hiring event.

We did somewhere around 10. Mine were all decent and got offered.

We hired a few folks. The leaders do wear down so the earlier you interview the better. We had a person knock their softlines interview out of the park then get sent to flow simply because of needs.

When I asked my HR TM how it was going, she wearily replied "well...it's going."

Overheard a GSTL talking about weird answers our walk in interviewees gave.

...I don't think we made many hires. o_O

I went to the event. I thought that the interview went well. I was told that I would hear back when the Electronics TL was there for a 2nd interview?

Not sure on overall numbers, but we certainly had a lot of applicants and not a lot of offers.

We only had about 15 people apply, but filled all of our positions for front end and softlies. Went pretty well i'd say.

Well, out of the 15 people in the first three hours, we hired a whopping total of two.
I think we had 15 people before the event started at noon!!!

Our store was beyond busy!! I think we did close to 100 interviews?

Last edited:
Sucks Friday 2 people showed up. No one in their right mind shows up on a Saturday to be hired They show up on a Monday withis their resume in hand.

I know its seasonal hire but I saw several people in jeans and t shirts for interviews the last couple of weeks. I still think if your serious about the job then at least ditch the t-shirt.

Same! When we schedule people for interviews and they come in that I think its bad. In peoples defense there were people at our hiring event who came to shop and left with a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back