Archived Hiring event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot's of cute girls applied and got hired so the guys are extremely happy. We didn't get many guys and the ones who showed up didn't impress the backroom TL.

Greet at front door.
Smile and say hi.
Ask them about working here.
If they say yes, redirect them to a Kiosk and give them a Lifesaver and tell them to report back when they finish the app.
On the spot interview depending on the position.
If no, give them a lifesaver.

I saw girls and guys my age applying, and an elderly woman get an interview here. I'm actually excited.. maybe I won't have to worry so much about working the Holidays.

Yea, I feel like people who were serious showed up the first day, and early.

I was working my day job on Friday, so couldn't...otherwise I would have just to make a good impression.

I also couldn't go in until later this afternoon because I had a prior obligation at a family event. I did make it in time though.

I know its seasonal hire but I saw several people in jeans and t shirts for interviews the last couple of weeks. I still think if your serious about the job then at least ditch the t-shirt.

Yeah, only saw a couple other candidates but they were all dressed down.

I went in dress pants and brown leather shoes, I was all in. Even printed a few resumes to give to whoever was conducting my interviews.

Clearly I made a good impression...hired on the spot for Electronics and apparently they weren't even looking for an Electronics TM...lol

My STL said she thinks it was a success and would want do another hiring event like this except just for our store. She said the only difference she wanted was that we'd schedule them for interviews rather than just showing up whenever.

Don't these hiring events mean less hours for regular employees? I'm on flow and was told we are getting 10 new people. I can't see us getting the same hours.

Don't these hiring events mean less hours for regular employees? I'm on flow and was told we are getting 10 new people. I can't see us getting the same hours.
The bs we were told is the new his have training hours to use to not touch ours. By time those are used up we should be in 4th quarter and have oodles of hours so nobody gets effected.

The reality every year is you have 40 a week now, they hire a dozen new idiots to share your hours, and suddenly you have 25-30ish. Unless you are special, then they give you 40 all year.

This is how I would have done it not how my store did it. I would have had a check in table. Have the interested applicate sign in then direct them to the kios to apply if not done so prior. Then the application would be reviewed and if application was good then id have them sit another table to wait for the 1st interview to be done. If they passed the 1st interview then you have them wait and then take them to an empty TL/ETL office. I think its good for the interviewee to see what the store is like especially on a weekend while they sit there and wait because when you shop there you dont pay attention to anything other than what your buying.

At my store we stagger bringing them on. So two of those new people would join each week. We have people who are starting in December then will be termed three weeks later.

Yeah so it didn't go very well... Total for the weekend was 2 interviews, neither were hired. As expected, the people who shop at our store don't need a low paying retail job.

Did anybody else wonder why they had to have flyers for anyone interested in becoming an ETL? Just wondering what you all thought it might be for.

Yeah so it didn't go very well... Total for the weekend was 2 interviews, neither were hired. As expected, the people who shop at our store don't need a low paying retail job.
We hired 7. Out of fifty openings. No idea how many interviews though.

We only hired a few TMs, not nearly enough. Heard that our newest ETL-HR was going over things from last year and apparently found out there were some schedules written where we were 700 hours short because we literally didn't have enough TMs. Would not be surprised if she jumps ship soon...

At the hiring event at the store i was hired at, the line was out the door for hours. I have no idea how many people they hired, but I feel like since I have absolutely no prior experience in anything not even volunteer work and I was hired, they were just taking anyone who wasn't an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back