Hitting your fifth - what happens?

There’s a team member at my store who been with us for a few months, and they hit their fifth 3-4 times on their 90 days, and once more on their regular, what happens?
I know hitting your fifth is a BIG NO NO, but I thought once you hit it even 2, three times, a tm is gone.
why isn’t this tm dismissed? I think it’s fair the “hitting your fifth” is being regulated properly at my store. There are TMs who hit it once and they get talked to about it very harshly, and others like this tm who do it and show they don’t care if they hit it or not, and it’s a slap on the wrist. What’s going on? What’s wrong?

not being documented/hr isn't following up for some reason

it should be a term if you are in a 5th hour lunch state

ASANTS, but at my store hitting your fifth is an automatic write-up, and anyone who hit their fifth twice during their first 90 days wouldn’t be around to hit their fifth a couple more times. Why isn’t this TM at your store being held accountable? Who knows? They may be on paper already and you don’t know about it, but with that many compliance violations they should be gone by now. Or they may be committing time clock fraud (not going into the details here). And, of course, favoritism is not unknown at Spot, and, unfortunately for those who aren’t among the favorites, sometimes it really is that blatant.

ASANTS, but at my store hitting your fifth is an automatic write-up, and anyone who hit their fifth twice during their first 90 days wouldn’t be around to hit their fifth a couple more times. Why isn’t this TM at your store being held accountable? Who knows? They may be on paper already and you don’t know about it, but with that many compliance violations they should be gone by now. Or they may be committing time clock fraud (not going into the details here). And, of course, favoritism is not unknown at Spot, and, unfortunately for those who aren’t among the favorites, sometimes it really is that blatant.
This!!!

Wow, I hit my 5th all the time. I dont think it is even documented. I need coverage in electronics so I work with my style team so I don't leave them with no coverage on the floor.

In the past we had notifications that went out 15min before compliance but I rarely hear a call out for that any more.

Wow, I hit my 5th all the time. I dont think it is even documented. I need coverage in electronics so I work with my style team so I don't leave them with no coverage on the floor.

In the past we had notifications that went out 15min before compliance but I rarely hear a call out for that any more.

are you in a 5th or 6th hour compliance state because uhhh

No, tm told me they punched out on their 5th hour. They came in the exact time of their shift started and punched out 5 minutes into their fifth.

I hit my 5th exactly on the dot once, and I got written up for it.

Wow some stores are tough. I hit compliance a couple of times last year, nothing. This year I hit it a couple of times and after the second time I was spoken to by HR, that's it.

No, tm told me they punched out on their 5th hour. They came in the exact time of their shift started and punched out 5 minutes into their fifth.
They could be punching 6 seconds late after 5 hour deadline. Spot will do it by seconds after 5 hours.

Or they may be committing time clock fraud (not going into the details here).
ASANTS thing because honestly my store TL's and LOD's tell us "Just do a punch correction". If we don't do a punch correction HR just has us "sign the book". At my store we don't coached, written up, or terminated for hitting meal compliance.

When someone hits their 5th our ETL Hr will usually do a punch correction for a few minutes before hand. Is that wrong?😂
Wrong? Wrong?? I think the word you meant to use was “unethical” and yes, yes it is. Times like this I’m glad Corporate can pull reports on time clock manipulation. That ETL basically just stole minutes worked and deleted them off of the TMs time cards.

Bigger question - why isn’t every Leader signed in to HR in MyDay? Literally only gives Work Past Schedule and Meal Approaching alerts.

Back