Archived HL TM to instocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been with target for eight years and i've worked in hardlines the entire time. I was thinking about going for the open instocks position. How much more of a raise is it? If I have to interview what type of questions are asked?

Do you enjoy doing the same thing, all day, everyday? Do you have a soft spot for hating your flow team and lazy hardlines team members?

I have no idea what the pay increase might be sadly. As long as your in good standing you shouldn't need to interview for IS. Just be prepared to hate some of the other teams for petty things. IS can be super rewarding though in terms of helping guests because you can get them that raincheck or a replenishment time frame. I enjoy seeing something I scanned come in from the DC. It does get very boring but if you like routine it's right up your alley.

Do you enjoy doing the same thing, all day, everyday? Do you have a soft spot for hating your flow team and lazy hardlines team members?

I have no idea what the pay increase might be sadly. As long as your in good standing you shouldn't need to interview for IS. Just be prepared to hate some of the other teams for petty things. IS can be super rewarding though in terms of helping guests because you can get them that raincheck or a replenishment time frame. I enjoy seeing something I scanned come in from the DC. It does get very boring but if you like routine it's right up your alley.
I don't enjoy the scanning part of being on instocks, but I do enjoy other aspects of the job. I work the PTM task list and as part of that I remerchandise those aisles. It's really the only job in the store where creativity is involved. My TL and ETL seek out my advice and I brainstorm with them to figure out why and/or how certain things that affect our numbers are happening or where the opportunity lies to fix them and we work together to figure out how to fix them. I work with the plano and pricing teams to ensure that their jobs go smoothly throughout transitions because we have a transition plan in place. (We only have about 20 d-code rear seasonal items left in the backroom, yet our department looks organized and full. The clearance pulls are non-existent or small and the workload is easily completed because the pogs maintain their integrity. We consistently pull carry forward needs so that the plano team's pulls are small and backstock is minimal.) There is a sense of satisfaction in walking past an aisle that is resetting later in the week and it looks inviting to a guest.) I work with salesfloor TL's to let them know when we have a lot of certain d-code or NOP items so that they can use them to fill broken salesplans. This is not boring or the same thing on any day.

I don't know all the aspects of the job, but I would much rather scan stuff than pull it.

In my store some of the instocks team just pushes, they don't scan. I'd find out before you take it what you'll actually be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back