Archived HLTM to GSA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How in the world do GSAs in your store make 11-12 an hour? Unless they have been here forever that's just crazy.

GSAs are usually 7s which would put them 50 cents an hour higher than a Hardlines team member.

Wow, I need to transfer to your store. I got .25/hour to "promote" to GSA and I don't make anywhere near $12/hour and I've been with spot for a long time.

B

Barcode

In my area N03 (base pay) is a decent bit over minimum wage, and N07 (GSA) is only a .50 pay increase.. At any rate both paygrades are well under $10/hr until probably 5+ years of service.

Sounds like your store bended pay rules to hire you... Its highly irregular to give a TM a couple extra dollars via negotiating pay... Usually you're stuck with what everyone else gets.

Charming

Senior TL HR
In my area N03 (base pay) is a decent bit over minimum wage, and N07 (GSA) is only a .50 pay increase.. At any rate both paygrades are well under $10/hr until probably 5+ years of service.

Sounds like your store bended pay rules to hire you... Its highly irregular to give a TM a couple extra dollars via negotiating pay... Usually you're stuck with what everyone else gets.

Pay raises vary by location. At my store a raise from cashier to GSA is significantly more than yours and minimum wage is over $10 here. So this person's store may be in a similar situation.

Last edited:
B

Barcode

True, but I didn't think it was allowed for Team Members to negotiate pay at hire? Thought that was mostly for Team Lead and above.

ISign

Target Guest
pay would be a set increase from what you're at now.. I'm not sure what the GSA paygrade is, so I can't answer that. But for the other people, pay varies by area, I worked at a store where base pay (cashier) was 7.50, transferred 10 miles down the road cashiers started at 10.00, so it depends on CoL + what other businesses (stores typically) in the area pay.. Even McDonald's in the area of the 2nd Target I worked at paid 9.xx... (tourist area)

paidtosmile

Former Team Leader
For what it's worth.... I started with spot as cart attendant, then service desk, then hardlines/softlines/fitting room, then i went back to the front as GSA.... And service desk is my favorite work center, but I much prefer sales floor over GSA. I don't know about your store, it sounds really different, but at most locations the raise isn't worth the stress and accountability that comes along with being a GSA TM.

I've been a GSA for 8 months now and I make $11.30. I received a dollar increase when I got promoted. I love being a GSA! We're a high volume store, but I love my team. Go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.