Archived holding repacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
at my store this is a no no. but we have some tl's not following the rules. so i just wanted to know if corporate has it set in stone somewhere.

I don't really understand what you're asking.. Are they using repacks for personal use? I always thought it would have been awesome to use them for moving; everything would be so even and uniform! Alas, I've never been able to talk an ETL into it.

Ooor are you talking about holding repackaged merchandise? In this case, yes it would be a no no. Guests are always supposed to have the first opportunity to buy things. I think the 'official best practice' is 20 minutes on the sales floor before a TM can purchase it.

all of our unused repacks sit folded nicely on pallets next to the bailer, uses them to put ypur backstock in and put it on a pallet in the appropriate area for backstock. We have more than enough repacks for backstock, just order more. if this is what you are referring to ?

all of our unused repacks sit folded nicely on pallets next to the bailer, uses them to put ypur backstock in and put it on a pallet in the appropriate area for backstock. We have more than enough repacks for backstock, just order more. if this is what you are referring to ?
I don't think repacks work that way :p I think you just have to accumulate them from trucks.. My store is really good at accumulating them, I sent 8 pallets back to the DC in my sweep this week

I think op means taking and keeping large amounts of the boxes themselves. Since you cant take anything out of the building like repack boxes or the fancier graphic signing that has targets logo on it.

Repacks are owned by Target. It's like wanting to take home milk crates. If you take them home, AP can build a theft case against you. I can't remember what the value of each repack is, but there is an internal value to them.

i have about 20 banker boxes from a former "bank" I used to work at, it sys "Property of XYZ Bank" lol.
I used them every time I move about 3 times now.
Everytime I use them I think someone will steal them and think there is money in them, please don't take my vaulable CD/DVD/ VHS collection.

just to clear up. were talking about repackaged merchandise. she wanted to hold it and gs. sorry for the confusion i'm not flow or log so in my world repack= repackaged merchandise.

We do, we're trying to get rid of the stuff if it's a repack so we don't care where it goes.

EDIT: To be clear, this merchandise was going to be repacked anyway. Not just random stuff that got pulled from a stray cart or something that's perfectly fine. Repacking something just to get a discount without it actually needing a repack is definitely dishonest.

Last edited:
Tell AP if someone is repackaging merchandise and holding it to eventually buy themselves. I've closed a couple of those cases and they're always fun to work. Doesn't matter if they're a TM, TL, or ETL since the same standard applies to everyone and everyone will leave in the same way if they are caught.

any repack needs to be put on the salesfloor before being bought.
I was told at one point that repackaged merchandise, and clearance as well, needed to be on the floor for at least an hour before you could purchase it, yourself.

Egg cases are perfect for moving...even full of books they hold up well.

I want to say thirty minutes is what I was told. It's rarely an issue. But I have turned in a couple gsas fir holding it and not even putting it in the reshop carts or attaching the sticker.

I was told at one point that repackaged merchandise, and clearance as well, needed to be on the floor for at least an hour before you could purchase it, yourself.
15 minutes is enough according to the tm purchase guidelines posted on Red360

Ha. At my store it would have to make it past the GSTMs. They jump all over the clearance, repackaged and online items.

target material says if its been put on the floor, no "hiding" fair game for any guest to buy, as long as you buy it off the clock its fine. i tell team members all the time when there's a good deal.

Repacks are owned by Target. It's like wanting to take home milk crates. If you take them home, AP can build a theft case against you. I can't remember what the value of each repack is, but there is an internal value to them.

One of our ETLs once let a family member borrow a bunch of repack boxes for moving. They were returned ASAP after the move was complete. I only know this because I cashed out the family member after the fact.

We do, we're trying to get rid of the stuff if it's a repack so we don't care where it goes.

EDIT: To be clear, this merchandise was going to be repacked anyway. Not just random stuff that got pulled from a stray cart or something that's perfectly fine. Repacking something just to get a discount without it actually needing a repack is definitely dishonest.

it was a xbox one, in fact the only one in the entire store.

Definitely not ok. Even if there were 5 pallets of Xbox Ones, that would still fall under the "High Demand Merchandise" category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back