Archived Holiday Pay on Christmas Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from HR that we'll be getting paid $1 more per hour if I volunteered to work 5-9pm on Christmas Eve. Wouldnt it be time and a half or something along those lines?

I just found out I work 8am - 4pm on December 24, then 5-9pm which they asked me to work and I agreed 2 weeks ago. Will I get holiday pay for the morning shift as well as the afternoon shift? Thank you! :)

And it's supposed to be volunteer only but I suspect if they can't get enough people that'll go right out the window.

me too,I can't imagine $1 will encourage anyone,but I think the volunteer aspect of it is good.

I already got from 2:30 to close off becaUSE i have family from Europe coming and this is probably going to be my Grandmothers last Christmas and she really wants to attend Mass with me. There is NO way I am going to miss what might be my last time seeing her. But I have a strong feeling that some etl will stab me in the back

They asked me and I agreed because it is no big deal to me. They kept mentioning the extra $1 thing to me as if they were doing a huge favor.

To the people who have been at Target a while- Is it generally busy on Christmas Eve or should I expect to be standing around all day?

I'm closing too. It's my usual closing night, so I had already planned on being unavailable for family events Christmas eve night weeks ago. Meh.

It's usually fairly busy, but it's not the busiest day of the season by any means. Not usually after 5 or so anyway. Although being open until 9 may make things different this year. The main thing you have to deal with is that most everyone shopping is the epitome of the last minute shopper: wants the hottest items, doesn't understand why our shelves are pretty bare, leaves your zone looking a mess, will ask for help and remind you more than once that they're "in a hurry," and basically will be fairly unpleasant to begin with. It won't be everyone shopping, but it will probably be the biggest percentage of the total guest population you've seen all year.

Can't wait to kick out some whining guests.

So.....let me follow this. New Years Eve is a more important holiday than Christmas Eve? (Due to the time and a half difference)

My store has been dead the past 2 Christmas Eves' so I volunteered to close. They said I won't be leaving til 11 though.

My store has been dead the past 2 Christmas Eves' so I volunteered to close. They said I won't be leaving til 11 though.

What?! Our store is a 9pm store on Christmas Eve (is everyone?) and the closers were literally scheduled for 9:05pm. They have promised that everyone will be walking out the door at that moment.

Will Greg Steinwaffle get an extra dollar an hour too if he works Christmas Eve?

New Year's Eve isn't time and a half. New Year's Day is. Christmas Eve isn't a holiday. Christmas Day is - and so far we're closed.

Maybe to you. Many cultures celebrate Xmas Eve more than the next day. And I don't do anything special on New Years Day, but New Years Eve is fun. So, I'm not getting their logic.

I was noticing they had the list of people volunteering at my store as well. My thoughts are your crazy to want to work on a holiday and for what a few more dollars that uncle sam is going to tax anyway.

Im working 12:30-9. Sad that I wasnt shocked when I saw this since I swear every day thats like this of any important signifigance I am the one that gets scheduled the closing shift and the other PA, market tms, or my CTL never is, even though I open all the other days of the week. My schedule for that whole week blows. I work overnight from Saturday 22nd 10PM til 6:30am on the 23rd on sunday, then back at 12:30-9 on xmas eve, have xmas off, then I have to be back at 2:30!!!! AM on wednesday to do AD and after that the pfresh order. So ya Overnight Shift, Long closing shift, Early Early shift...so much for a sleep schedule

*gives pfreshdude a hug & a bottle of Bailey's to help him sleep*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back