Archived Holiday Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we get hours added to our heck’s if we DONT work on a holiday? I was told by a team member that I would have hours added to my check on New Year’s Day, even though I won’t be working that day (they actually gave me vacation omg)

I’m just curious because that doesn’t sound right to me

If you’re using your own vacation hours you will get paid. You won’t get any extra pay just for being a team member, unless you’re a TL, *or possibly over a certain years of service milestone*

*I could be wrong about that last part.

Do we get hours added to our heck’s if we DONT work on a holiday? I was told by a team member that I would have hours added to my check on New Year’s Day, even though I won’t be working that day (they actually gave me vacation omg)

If you eligible then you get holiday pay.

TLs get a free 8 hours of pay on 6 holidays, including New Years Day, regardless if you work it or not. Assuming you are a VM, you would qualify.

You also get it for Christmas, and should have got it for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
TLs get a free 8 hours of pay on 6 holidays, including New Years Day, regardless if you work it or not. Assuming you are a VM, you would qualify.

You also get it for Christmas, and should have got it for Thanksgiving.
As far as I know....It's really just based on average hours. If you work enough you get it. Until I dropped my hours down I got paid for those holidays whether I worked or not (and have gotten double pay when I did work that day)

Holiday Pay:

Target observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (4th Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25) (stores closed)

Paid Day Off = Holiday Pay (Regular Rate)

Working on Holiday = Holiday Premium Pay (Time and a Half)

As of the date of hire, all non-exempt Team Leaders who average 20 hours or more per week are eligible for Holiday Pay and Holiday Premium Pay for all six National Holidays.

Full-time, non-exempt Team Members who average 30 hours or more are eligible for Holiday Premium Pay beginning on their date of hire, and Holiday Pay for Thanksgiving and Christmas, following six full months of service and then reassessed after 12 months.

All other non-exempt team members are not eligible for Holiday Pay, but are eligible for Holiday Premium Pay as of date of hire.

*In San Francisco, team members (regardless of average hours) will receive the same benefits as a full-time team member in their same position, per city ordinance.

Last edited:

Since there are no longer VMTLs, VMs fall under TM now. If you are a full-time, non-exempt Team Member who average 30 hours or more and worked at least six full months, you qualify to get paid for Christmas and New Years even without working. However, the other holidays are not included. You must work to get paid for all the other holidays.

Last edited:
As far as I know....It's really just based on average hours. If you work enough you get it. Until I dropped my hours down I got paid for those holidays whether I worked or not (and have gotten double pay when I did work that day)
TMs get Thanksgiving and Christmas if they average 30 hours or more. TLs get more days, including New Years Day, if they average 20 hours or more.

Since there are no longer VMTLs, VMs fall under TM now. If you are a full-time, non-exempt Team Member who average 30 hours or more and worked at least six full months, you qualify to get paid for Christmas and New Years even without working. However, the other holidays are not included. You must work to get paid for all the other holidays.
Wouldn't VM fall under TL since they are still at a TL paygrade? That would be pretty shitty of Target if they messed with their benefits without really saying anything.

Last edited:
Wouldn't VM fall under TL since they are still at a TL paygrade? That would be pretty shitty of Target if they messed with their benefits without really saying anything.

No they are officially team members now. So they just get the TL pay grade but they have to wait 365 days for benefits instead of 90.

Does the holiday pay count towards the weekly hours since it is the regular rate? I usually get 40, but since we are closed for Christmas I was considering going in another day to make up those hours. But if the holiday hours go towards the weeks hours I won't bother.

Does the holiday pay count towards the weekly hours since it is the regular rate? I usually get 40, but since we are closed for Christmas I was considering going in another day to make up those hours. But if the holiday hours go towards the weeks hours I won't bother.

It does and it doesn't. It will put you at 40 if you work 32 but it won't count against you towards hitting overtime

Is that for all states? And what about rehire employee? I'm eligible
For 401k as soon as o was rehired. Do holiday benefits start right away or do I have to wait 6 months

I average 32.44 hours and I’ve worked there for 6 years but I don’t get holiday pay if I don’t work on the holiday. Does anyone know why that could be? I asked my HR team but they didn’t know the answer. They guessed that maybe you have to maintain 30 plus hours for a year first before you qualify for it. But I’m not sure if that’s right.

Is that for all states? And what about rehire employee? I'm eligible
For 401k as soon as o was rehired. Do holiday benefits start right away or do I have to wait 6 months

If rehired your eligibility starts over. All states although some states have more generous holiday pay rules like in the north east

I average 32.44 hours and I’ve worked there for 6 years but I don’t get holiday pay if I don’t work on the holiday. Does anyone know why that could be? I asked my HR team but they didn’t know the answer. They guessed that maybe you have to maintain 30 plus hours for a year first before you qualify for it. But I’m not sure if that’s right.

Call the human resources operating center 1800 395 1885

I would call the number HRZone provided we several tm who has been with our store for over 10yrs and have dropped from an avg of 35 or more to 25 and still get holiday if they work it. Not sure if they get paid whsn we are closed but you should still get holiday

Double check on your paycheck that included Thanksgiving. That one is easy to miss since there's a bunch of different lines that wouldn't normally be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back