Archived Holiday Readiness visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be leading the hardlines portion of this visit to have some face time with our DTL.

Any tips or things I should definitely touch on?

My ETL is supposed to be prepping me for this but he was not helpful in the slightest bit.

He said to talk about the seasonal set and that was basically all he told me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I think audit is a big thing, see how your numbers are on scans. See if you are meeting the minimum scans or exceeding it. Also backroom accuracy?

Study your numbers, talk about what has been selling well and what you and your team have been doing to drive those sales. Anything that is an opportunity for improvement, own it, discuss plans for improvement.

I will be leading the hardlines portion of this visit to have some face time with our DTL.

My ETL is supposed to be prepping me for this but he was not helpful in the slightest bit.

What can you do to add to basket size? Like others said know your sales , audits, brla. Also what are you doing about helping with margins hence all d-code should be flexed on the mpg aisles . Talk about modernization and what you see not working and what could be working.

Wait?! Is that still a thing? Then my store is so screwed. The TL'S haven't had their holiday meeting yet let alone having a upcoming "Holiday Readiness" visit. 😳

Last edited:
Wait?! Is that still a thing? Then my store is so screwed. The TL'S haven't had their holiday meeting yet let alone having a upcoming "Holiday Readiness" visit. 😳

We haven't had ours either. Pretty sure it's not going to happen. Not like we need to all be on the same page or anything.
giphy.gif

I'll be going over a lot of things that others have glossed over.

-Sales, basket size, red cards: You dont have to memorize them, but familiarize yourself with them. Is your store meeting sales forecast/goals? Great! If not what are you doing to improve upon them? How are your survey score? Guest comments?

-How is the seasonal set going? Anything left to set? Signing? How much push is left?
How do you feel about amplified gifting?

-How are the mod teams performing? Are you on process? If not what are you doing to get there? My recent walks have been focused on A&A and Market.

-How is Q4 staffing? (This is obviously a question that should be directed at your HR etl but I've been asked it before on recent walks)

-How is the new push process going for your store? (If you're in a region that hasn't already rolled it out for a while)

-How is BF planning going? Scheduling?

-Hows SFS/OPU performing?

As you can see there is a pattern. If you aren't with the program, what are you doing to fix it. As long as they see that as a store you are moving in the right direction, 90% of the time they'll accept that answer. If not they will let your STL know. Do your best to always have an answer. If not, it's okay to not be sure about something, but dont try to bullshit your way out of a question, they can smell that coming from a mile away. Btw your DTL will know that you are trying to get facetime, so they shouldn't be too harsh on you, so relax and learn as much from these walks as possible.

I'm sure I've missed some things, and its interesting to see a lot of you say audit, since that's one thing I haven't come across on a visit. Then again since the company went push all, I've noticed our shelves staying full more often.

You must have a great team because this is not true at my store.

We're not quite there yet, but when I'm lod I catch glimpses of the process working. The way this was rolled out was silly, but if you have solid leadership, proper planning/scheduling, and the right tm's it can work.

Thats why this process is so damn difficult. To get it right the stars have to align just right, and even one leader not on board can screw up the entire process, but once it starts working it's pretty impressive. I'm not saying we've figured everything out. For example a double takes us a few days to dig out of.

Sorry out of all that you wrote, this was the only thing that really caught my eye and I had to respond.
You must have a great team because this is not true at my store.
Mine either. Too many empty shelves, and half the time it’s impossible to do weekly grocery shopping there because the store is either out of basic items or not getting them pushed. The cheese/ sandwich meats sections are constantly wiped out even on weekdays. It drives guests away when they go to two Targets to buy their groceries and still have to go to the grocery store to finish their shopping, which has been my experience lately. Empty shelves don’t make happy guests.🙄

Mine either. Too many empty shelves, and half the time it’s impossible to do weekly grocery shopping there because the store is either out of basic items or not getting them pushed. The cheese/ sandwich meats sections are constantly wiped out even on weekdays. It drives guests away when they go to two Targets to buy their groceries and still have to go to the grocery store to finish their shopping, which has been my experience lately. Empty shelves don’t make happy guests.🙄
Bet they will somehow be full for the visit. Amazing how hours are there for that!!!

So how'd it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back