Archived Surprise visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had a flow TL who could follow through with this. My newest flow TL just kinda lets things slide because they are basically just a leader by name...not ability, skill or confidence. When the team doesn't push properly they just go back and repush it themselves instead of directly coaching the people that we KNOW are not doing their job. Then we have a huddle every so often and the TL mentions it politely to the team and says they don't want to single anyone out blah blah blah...just single them out and SHAME THEM. I feel like if I spoke up during the huddle and pointed the two worst offenders out I would just get coached for being a dick. I wouldn't call them out like an asshole I'd just stand up and say "x1 and x2 are both leaving stuff unpushed and calling it backstock, they dont pull product to the front when they push and completely ignore when something is not zoned right so they just backstock it instead of attempting to backstock the over push/flex so they can fill the location with the intended product" and just ...helping the store out a bit by actually doing what you are paid to fucking do jdsflaksdfjkhsadfjhsafjdhsda I could go on...and I know the folks who do this shit don't visit this site...usually...
The question is can you prove that "x1 and x2 are both leaving stuff unpushed and calling it backstock'. Nine times out of 10 it can't be proven. If I or Our Flow TL coachs a Flow TM on performance, its because we can prove that said person did eaxctly what they are accused of.

And why exactly did you get her? Did you do something outrageous or are you the burbank store that had America Fererrea in it.
We had a Janna visit last year. We had 2 days notice. It was going to be region VP, GVP and DTL visit originally, when the STL gets a phone call saying Janna just called Joe said she’s gonna come in on the jet to join them. I probably worked like 65 hours that week.

The question is can you prove that "x1 and x2 are both leaving stuff unpushed and calling it backstock'. Nine times out of 10 it can't be proven. If I or Our Flow TL coachs a Flow TM on performance, its because we can prove that said person did eaxctly what they are accused of.
I have at least 3 TMs on our unload team that would gladly attest to it and stand behind me. There are two specific TMs who keep pretending boxes are backstock when they didn't even try to push it. It's been glaringly obvious for a few months now and it always ends up coming out on the 1 o'clock pulls which adds to our hardlines TMs workload and at 1pm this time of year it's usually only one hardlines tm, one market tm and one electronics tm...softlines isn't gonna give up one of their 3 tms to help with hardlines pulls so it makes it terrible for hardlines. ugh Edit: what makes it so obvious is we actually have seen it with our own eyes and plus we all own our own aisles when we push. We basically are made to stay in the same few aisles (per block) every truck so we know where things go by memory easier. I like the concept but it isn't utilized as a way to audit a TMs work. We know if x1 pushed A20 today we should be able to audit their work and check their backstock and coach them if they continue to not push product correctly.

you solution is to set them up with an area that already done but you manually removed items or an aisle that has such a small amount of freight it will have no back stock. And then put x1 there. When x1 one claims it has backstock, know that said shelf location is empty enough to support it by verifying right then. If you can fit it, you win (ie you have caught them so you can do cca)

Otherwise your only solution is video. Don't forget you can get with etls and even Ap if it is obvious enough. You just need to back up your claim.

I learned that Flow TL got verbal coach from ETL log because he accused a TM of being way slow on a uboat of HBA. Problem is TM had finished his task already and was asked to do uboat with only "Its the last one off the truck, the backstock flat is already with 'Chemical TM' who was backstocking it. So he pushed Uboat until another TM who was also finished came over to help (because essentials must be done by 11am. Heh, that never happens). At that point, first TM told new TM he was going on break. He then explained that Boxes on floor were added. There was 3 boxes left to complete. So when those were done Uboat is worked and can be backstocked.

Here where everything went slanted. 'Chemical TM' has about 15 boxs on the floor nearby that looked worked. No one told First TM that those boxes weren't worked so he simply assumed they had been because thats how 'Chemical TM' works and First TM know this as does Flow TL. So when First TM returns to uboat Flow TL is there with New TM and is pissed saying that First TM lied to New TM about the fact Uboat was worked. Flow TL had worked several of floor boxes. He proceeds to verbally coach TM about this. First TM doesnt work with Flow TL and doesnt like his attitude so accuses him of being incompetent and lazy. Flow TL storms off to ETL log in br and First TM follows/

I am in discussion with ETL log about the new audits and Opal house , when the chaos appears. ETL listens to Flow TL reminds him about accuracy and other things from previous convo I wasnt privy too. First TM is silent Flow TL is still pissed and says that he is cca him anyway ETL frowns at him and then First TM gives his side.

This is when I discover story.

So how did I find out Flow TL was verbal coached? Apparently, ETL checked the camera saw First TM was right. As I am walking up to break I hear them in his office going over how you handle authority challenges and that while first TM shouldnt have said what he did, Flow tl failed in his duty to inform situation.

Thought I would share this nugget to help out. More often than not, I left things go that should be disciplined because I can't 100% prove it. ETL-log doesnt dislike Flow Tl or favor First TM. First TM is slow at times. This has alot to do with First TM's age and accommodation requirements. Flow TL knew this.

So know your TMs. Not just the ones you work with but the rest of the ones in LOG or SF or SL or GS etc.

"So know your TMs. Not just the ones you work with but the rest of the ones in LOG or SF or SL or GS etc."

This goes a long way! So true and I wish one of my execs would apply this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back