Archived Holy Short Shift!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes only get those 3hr shifts but it is usually only for Cash office, but they don't have me scheduled anyplace else for the rest of the day. :/

I hear ya, that's what my Sundays look like. 3 hours in the CO and done for the day. At least I know it will be an easy day! ;)

They continue to cut our hours. I work at a super target and most of our team members are working 8-12 hours a week (down from 25-40). One guy (full-time) was schedule for 3 hours last week. Meanwhile we have a banner hanging outside of the store that says, "now hiring." We literally have at least 2 interviews a day. When will enough be enough?

The hours have been cut at my store as well. And they are pushing us to make goal time. I mean pushing us like never before.

So the original 3.5 hour shift also happened to be during a small football game. So no breaks, and getting to miss the Super Bowl to work an understaffed shift where they expected a perfect zone and no reshop left because the store was dead.

It was the shift from hell. *STRIKE ONE*

I also had the joy of discovering that I was scheduled to close both Friday and Saturday of Valentines weekend, so I will have little chance to do anything nice for my wife. *STRIKE TWO*

Then today I found that the request I submitted to have Sunday (to salvage some small bit of Valentines romance) and one other day off, and a small but vital availability change—both submitted before the deadline—were both auto-denied because my ETL didn't bother to review them. And she blamed me when I asked her in person for those same two times off. And scheduled me to work both. *STRIKE THREE*

And with that, I'm out—can't wait until I am free on the 22nd!

So the original 3.5 hour shift also happened to be during a small football game. So no breaks, and getting to miss the Super Bowl to work an understaffed shift where they expected a perfect zone and no reshop left because the store was dead.

It was the shift from hell. *STRIKE ONE*

I also had the joy of discovering that I was scheduled to close both Friday and Saturday of Valentines weekend, so I will have little chance to do anything nice for my wife. *STRIKE TWO*

Then today I found that the request I submitted to have Sunday (to salvage some small bit of Valentines romance) and one other day off, and a small but vital availability change—both submitted before the deadline—were both auto-denied because my ETL didn't bother to review them. And she blamed me when I asked her in person for those same two times off. And scheduled me to work both. *STRIKE THREE*

And with that, I'm out—can't wait until I am free on the 22nd!
Did you ask your Etl?

If this is the worst week if the year, I can handle that, 32.75 hours this week.

Except that it isn't, 28 next week, 26.5 the week after that.

We're being told it won't get better until sometime in March.

The hours at our store are a joke right now. It's gotten to the point where anyone on the sales floor scheduled before noon has to call in because odds are, if they show up for the shift, they're going to get sent right back home. Or, if they're lucky, they show up, work for three hours and then get sent home.

I'm hoping the hours available bounce back because this last week has been scheduling hell. Softlines is pretty consistent with at least three girls scheduled (not including the baby adviser), but hardlines is woefully inconsistent. It's gotten so bad we actually had just one team member scheduled for closing who was working most of hardlines, with the two TL's zoning the last two aisles when they could. (Suffice it to say, they did not manage it. They ended up sending the TM from HL's and the girl working electronics over to zone the aisles they missed after closing.)

Did you ask your Etl?
Yes, but she's really just not very effective in her role. She's lost 3-4 people in the last week, and may be losing that many more in the near future.

Still, telling me I didn't put my request in by the deadline (posted in the store and built into mytime—you can't submit a request late) when I did is just stupid. And then saying that the schedule has already been made on Monday (though not posted until noon Thursday) and that she'd see what she could do, but then just ignore the request... that's a bad person, not just a bad manager. And no apology, or even pretending to care... downright evil.

You're allowed to have pallets on the floor after 8am? It's always a race against time to get all merchandise off of pallets & into tubs, flats or carts before store opening. And no cardboard cages on the floor either.
We are a 730 process store....we have pallets on the floor until the flow team is done pushing the truck. I have seen days where some pallets of freight are out on the floor till 20r 3 pm. Sometimes the flow team will have trash cages out on the floor after opening as well. I admit I don't like it...cause I am from the old mind set where at opening pallets are off the floor etc. Welcome to the new Spot....

The last 3 weeks they have been closing cafe at 6. That would mean the closing cafe tm was scheduled from 4-6 only. However, the new schedule has them still closing cafe at 6, but at least they gave them 2 more hours on a register.

The last 3 weeks they have been closing cafe at 6. That would mean the closing cafe tm was scheduled from 4-6 only. However, the new schedule has them still closing cafe at 6, but at least they gave them 2 more hours on a register.
That's insane. Our Food Ave. does a lot of their sales up until 7 or even 8pm...

I had a shift like that once I was a cashier that day and luckily they gave me a break ( although they didn't have to) it was super hot that day and sitting in the breakroom was really nice to cool off.

Expect more ( from each team member).

Pay less (to each team member by cutting their hours.

Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back