Archived *honk honk*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured you guys/gals further out would like to see this. This for now will be one of the very few select stores that will feature a Drive Up Drive Thru style when completed. There is an exterior doorway that directly leads to a covered canopy where guests drive up and wait in their cars directly outside.

*hOnKiNg iNtEnSiFiEs*

wT0eDnq.jpg

S1O4PuA.jpg

hyhBoqY.jpg

My former store is getting drive up with their NextGen remodel. If I remember anything about that parking lot it's that no one gives a rats tail if you are crossing the street they just go. There were so many times when I would go out for carts I would get almost mowed down even if I WAS wearing a safety vest, so it's only a matter of time before someone gets hit. I don't have it at my new store, Thank the Lord...

in what way is it more dangerous than any other spot in the parking lot

Far far far from guest service AND need to cross where cars drive to reach spots.

The first few spots on the SIDE of the building are handicap spots, I don’t understand why the NEXT few spots were not saved for drive up orders as they are 1. CLOSER to the front door/guest service desk AND 2. the tm is on a SIDEWALK against the building carrying out the orders instead of walking through the parking lot and crossing a drive path to get OUT to the spot in the parking lot where the spaces are marked.

How close is to your opu? Is this Flight 2?
Looking into 2019, many of the smaller stores are now approaching their slated groups of remodels. As you are well aware many of the front-end remodels have SPU replacing Food Ave, Kodak (the few remaining stores that still have it) or altogether a front-end revision that incorporates it.

This is an example of how hold locations are designated purely up front (this one in particular had about 1500 hold locations in total and took advantage of 6" wacos with 3-cell dividers that had individual locations for smaller single items in 2 of their aisles alone.) Again, each store may end up with a unique floorplan to suit their needs. IMG_0488.PNG

Last edited:
Our drive up parking spaces were put in a place in the parking lot that is VERY dangerous for the team member to get to. I bet it’s less than a month before a tm is hit by a car bringing out an order. I would quit if they made me do that job.
Ours is 4 rows over from the door and also very dangerous to get to depending on how busy it is out front. More than half the people coming through don’t even stop at the stop signs. They said it couldn’t be on the side because there are no cameras. Ok, well install some and care about the safety of your team!

Last edited:
We are going to start drive up in July. Ours is going to be one away from employee parking that’s four rows from the only entrance and across the parking lot drive in front of the store.

I am praying for your safety drive up team members 🙏 🙏.
Please wear fluorescent colors.

We are going to start drive up in July. Ours is going to be one away from employee parking that’s four rows from the only entrance and across the parking lot drive in front of the store.

I am praying for your safety drive up team members 🙏 🙏.
Please wear fluorescent colors.
Yep, that is exactly where ours is. Meanwhile the other Target in town has theirs right in front of the doors.

Far far far from guest service AND need to cross where cars drive to reach spots.

The first few spots on the SIDE of the building are handicap spots, I don’t understand why the NEXT few spots were not saved for drive up orders as they are 1. CLOSER to the front door/guest service desk AND 2. the tm is on a SIDEWALK against the building carrying out the orders instead of walking through the parking lot and crossing a drive path to get OUT to the spot in the parking lot where the spaces are marked.
The Drive Up spots are supposed to give you enough space to maneuver large items and vehicles (huge stuff on flats).

This is why Drive Up spots are out on the lot (where yeah you're going to have to cross the "street" to get to them) and there's a large hashed-out space in between the spots that says "No Parking".

If the layout is properly followed by Guests (LOL NEVER!!!!), they drive up following the arrows, so the first car to arrive will always be at Spot 1 on either side of the hashed out area.
You are supposed to stand in the hashed out area, and if the Guest drove correctly, their driver-side window will be facing the hashed area where you stand.

I don't stand on the adjacent parking spots or on the curb if they drove in the wrong way. I will stand in the hashed area and deliver items through the passenger side, as that's how it's supposed to work.

How close is to your opu? Is this Flight 2?

This is the same store from that picture long ago. That setup no longer exists as Starbucks was moved over to Green side entrance for their remodel, and the new In-Store pickup is still being built next to the Bakery across to the new exterior doors.

This was a flight 2 store (Feb - July) and the last one still in their remodel for their assigned flight group. I'll swing by closer to July for updated pictures as it nears closer to completion.

I figured you guys/gals further out would like to see this. This for now will be one of the very few select stores that will feature a Drive Up Drive Thru style when completed. There is an exterior doorway that directly leads to a covered canopy where guests drive up and wait in their cars directly outside.

*hOnKiNg iNtEnSiFiEs*

wT0eDnq.jpg
I recognize this store. I work there too.

The Drive Up spots are supposed to give you enough space to maneuver large items and vehicles (huge stuff on flats).

This is why Drive Up spots are out on the lot (where yeah you're going to have to cross the "street" to get to them) and there's a large hashed-out space in between the spots that says "No Parking".

If the layout is properly followed by Guests (LOL NEVER!!!!), they drive up following the arrows, so the first car to arrive will always be at Spot 1 on either side of the hashed out area.
You are supposed to stand in the hashed out area, and if the Guest drove correctly, their driver-side window will be facing the hashed area where you stand.

I don't stand on the adjacent parking spots or on the curb if they drove in the wrong way. I will stand in the hashed area and deliver items through the passenger side, as that's how it's supposed to work.

View attachment 8182
We didn’t get that. Ours are just 2 spots facing another 2 spots in that you can’t even drive thru bc of the drive up pole and there’s no loading space

The thing that should have been done in the beginning, go figure

We’re getting Drive Up soon I’m dreading it supposed to be by the end of 2019, but our PMT hasn’t got a work order yet for it. Funny story... I had a guest come today and came inside and asked where’s your drive up parking cause my orders ready and I said ma’m we don’t have spaces yet lol, but it said on her email that we had it but we don’t 😢 my SD said where getting it soon so idk lol

Today, there was a line at the service desk 9 deep. I had two OPUs to get to in my queue. Could I help the desk? No. Could I go get those OPUs? No. I was just standing there waiting for the 3 drive ups who were on the way. Finally, just had to toss the drive ups to SCO. Goal time approaching on an OPU that was luckily only 5 items in HBA.

Does anyone know where you can find what day drive up rolls out at your particular store?

Found the rollout guide, can’t find the exact date!

We just have 4 spaces next to each other with a loading zone in the middle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back