Archived *honk honk*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today we had a drive up guest with a large 20+ item order. When we responded to the honk, the car was no where to be found and I mean no where. The team member called for help, and I responded by going out to see if I could see the guest car to no avail. Long story short, we canceled the order to stop the time. And then @5 minutes later the guest shows up parked completely out of sight. She came in and I rang her up (plus found some things she was missing and gave her $20 off her order).
My question is: what do you do when you just can’t find the guest? Let the clock keep going? My ETL is making my life crazy right now over drive up. Plus, we have missed so many other ones due to not being able to find the order, etc.
HELP!!!!

So today we had a drive up guest with a large 20+ item order. When we responded to the honk, the car was no where to be found and I mean no where. The team member called for help, and I responded by going out to see if I could see the guest car to no avail. Long story short, we canceled the order to stop the time. And then @5 minutes later the guest shows up parked completely out of sight. She came in and I rang her up (plus found some things she was missing and gave her $20 off her order).
My question is: what do you do when you just can’t find the guest? Let the clock keep going? My ETL is making my life crazy right now over drive up. Plus, we have missed so many other ones due to not being able to find the order, etc.
HELP!!!!

If the guest isn't there, just let it go. It doesn't count against you if the timer goes a certain amount of time, like half an hour or so. And, honestly, drive up run out time isn't a top corporate priority. It's important, but it's not that important. You'll make up for overages with orders you get out quickly once you get a rhythm down. Just do your best there.

As for not being able to find orders, you need to get with your pickers on that. All of my drive up hold locations are to be kept clean. Pick labels must be on everything. Pick labels need to be in the same place on every bag. (I prefer top of the bag in the middle between the handles.) Bags should be arranged on the shelf in a way that pick labels are easily visible. I am extremely OCD about that. This makes it easy to grab the order and go. If anyone messes up my drive up holds, I'll be having a conversation with the SETLs about it.

Our drive up parking spaces were put in a place in the parking lot that is VERY dangerous for the team member to get to. I bet it’s less than a month before a tm is hit by a car bringing out an order. I would quit if they made me do that job.
How is it any less safe than someone pushing carts? Or people entering your store? How often do people get hit by a car in your parking lot? Sounds like a crazy place if people are constantly getting hit by cars

Has anyone had any Karens complain that we are destroying the planet because we use plastic bags for their drive up orders? Just curious.
Yep, the other day someone refused to sign and made me miss goal because she took all the stuff out of the plastic bags and put them into her trader joe’s bags while lecturing me the entire time about we always give her too many bags and she doesn’t want them yet every time she does a drive up her stuff is always in bags and it’s so frustrating etc etc like god forbid we give you free bags for your items

Since there's no "Karen refused" button, did you just draw a random scribble and click Done for them?
She did end up signing but she was like “nope. Not signing my name because this is ridiculous how many bags you people give me. I DON’T WANT THEM” and then once she was done rebagging with her own bags she was like “okay now I’ll sign since it’s done correctly” like um sis if you want your stuff to be in your own bags then DO YOUR OWN SHOPPING

HELP!!!!
Yes, just let it keep running.

She did end up signing but she was like “nope. Not signing my name because this is ridiculous how many bags you people give me. I DON’T WANT THEM” and then once she was done rebagging with her own bags she was like “okay now I’ll sign since it’s done correctly” like um sis if you want your stuff to be in your own bags then DO YOUR OWN SHOPPING
I literally would’ve said in the future if you do order pickup or regular checkout we can bag however you want

My, how 8 days makes a huge difference. As promised:

*Honking greatly intensifies with 8 slots*

ybtLT8O.jpg

YSWLK37.jpg

That’s not how it works... are you sure it wasn’t just a device that’s been off for a while? When they turn back on they beep for all the drive ups that happened when it was off.

This happened to me the other day. I just started my shift and was waiting on a guest and I just kept getting beeps from the device. Try talking with someone and your Zebra keeps beeping at you. Picked the thing up, slid it to the end of the counter, and continued talking with the guest.

That’s not how it works... are you sure it wasn’t just a device that’s been off for a while? When they turn back on they beep for all the drive ups that happened when it was off.
Most annoying feature ever. Scared me the first time I heard it do that at 8am.

Most annoying feature ever. Scared me the first time I heard it do that at 8am.
I trouble shoot all the messed up devices at my store before I send them out for repair. Typically once a week there are 4-5 in the repair bin that I have to turn back on and they’ll all beep for like 5 minutes straight 😂

It will honk multiple times if the guest has multiple orders they are picking up. If that’s not the case then I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back