Archived Honoring price challenge under $20 rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get with the market TL or sales floor TL. They can make a mysupport request to fix it (well anyone can but they’re the most likely to, in my experience)
also we can print a bcode without date to just print a bar code and put on bottom of all the blueberries so they scan at register ... get with a FA or food team member.

if we don't know about it not scanning how can we fix it ?

also sometimes the barcodes say NOF , not on file, we can go into the store application and link a upc with a dpci. So let us know about that also, please and thanks.

Had a guest last night come up with a bag of frozen MP Swedish meatballs. Huh. I didn't know we carried these, I wonder if they're already sauced. Mental note to check it out later.

But the package scanned as (something) Stir Fry, and asked for a price. I scanned with the MyDevice, and the stir fry mix has been salvage priced out, and then I noticed that the DPCI didn't match what was actually printed on the package. So I typed in that number, This time it says it's "frozen beef" (okay, a little closer at least), but still no price in the system. When I searched the printed DPCI on my device, I got "item not found". Nobody else had a clue, so I made something up that sounded reasonable.

Out of curiosity, while working reshop later, I hunted them down. I was actually close on the price (I guessed 3.49, they're actually 3.99). But there is NO tag for them on the freezer case. There's italian meatballs in the same place, and a tag for beef meatballs with yet another difference DPCI. And by the way, no sauce.

Had a guest last night come up with a bag of frozen MP Swedish meatballs. Huh. I didn't know we carried these, I wonder if they're already sauced. Mental note to check it out later.

But the package scanned as (something) Stir Fry, and asked for a price. I scanned with the MyDevice, and the stir fry mix has been salvage priced out, and then I noticed that the DPCI didn't match what was actually printed on the package. So I typed in that number, This time it says it's "frozen beef" (okay, a little closer at least), but still no price in the system. When I searched the printed DPCI on my device, I got "item not found". Nobody else had a clue, so I made something up that sounded reasonable.

Out of curiosity, while working reshop later, I hunted them down. I was actually close on the price (I guessed 3.49, they're actually 3.99). But there is NO tag for them on the freezer case. There's italian meatballs in the same place, and a tag for beef meatballs with yet another difference DPCI. And by the way, no sauce.
according to target.com, i'm not working till monday, DCPI: 210-02-0034, see store for price.

someone can probably (LOG ETL) link the UPC, bar code with this DCPI so that is scans correctly, using the store application that you use for printing signs just another logon with authorization.

Expiration on the package in hand was Nov 2018. I made sure to check it when it was coming up as clearanced out.

Queen, that sounds like the DPCI that was printed on the bag.

I'm in SL but it seems that many of my SL colleagues have walkie problems when called for cashier backup. Anyway, had a series of blueberries in a box without barcode. First time, asked the guest, no idea about price. Checked the market cheat sheet but no blueberries. Flipped the light. GSTL comes over and gives me a price and the guest is ok so there you go and the GSTL says she will have it fixed. Few hours later in my shift I'm doing more cashier backup and the blueberries come through again. Immediately flip the light and the LOD responds. I mention the price of the GSTL earlier and the LOD quotes a price LESS and the guest leaves happy. LOD says she will fix the lack of barcode.

Next day, another backup shift and here comes the blueberries and still no bar code. Lines are 5 carts deep so I just enter a price from the day before..... screw it. The GSTL this day is different and comes by and asks about my price change so I don't know if the previous day price was more than 20-30% or what, but it triggered an alert. I give her the history and she's fine with it. Again promises to get pricing on blueberries.

I feel for cashiers who have to deal with this on a regular basis......
6 oz blueberries - 266-08-1999

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I need to let off some steam about a particular guest who challenges the price of almost every item (usually groceries, toothpaste, toilet paper etc.) when she is checking out. She has come through my register the past two Saturday nights and she is constantly complaining about the prices that come up on the register and insisting that they were advertised at a lower price on a sign. I am not sure if she is being watched by AP and most of the changes seem reasonable (within two dollars for each item), albeit that the number of changes about wrong prices seems unreasonable for one transaction. I am wondering if the next time she comes through, should I call over a GSTL just to verify the prices for the guest?

The best part is that she complains about how long it takes for me to change the prices for her and how the advertised signs are misleading to me, as I am thinking in my head that there are other grocery stores or Target locations nearby that she could shop at if she is tired of dealing with this situation. I truly believe that the only reason she continues to shop at Target is because we are more likely to accept her price challenges than any other grocery store nearby, which unfortunately means that she will continue to get away with this charade.
Just an update about the situation. The "infamous" guest who challenges most of her items came back to my register last week after not seeing her for three months. When she started with the challenges, I called my GSTL over and explained the situation, trying not to sound accusatory, by saying something along the lines of "This guest challenges a lot of items, can you help me handle the situation". I tried to be discreet and say it without her hearing it, but she unfortunately heard me. She became upset and felt that I was accusing her of lying and the GSTL took her side and scolded me, BUT after denying one of her price challenges.
I saw her last Monday, and when she passed through another cashier's lane (she passed the lane next to me, perhaps she was trying to avoid me after I called the GSTL the previous time), the cashier just gave in to her demands and changed the prices for her without a disagreement.
If the other GSTL who is diligent is there I will ask them to deal with her, but otherwise, I am starting to feel that just changing the prices to get her out of the store might be the way to go with this. I hate to just give in, but I don't want to be scolded by my GSTL over this. I am holding out hope that the guest won't come to my check lane anymore.
Perhaps I handled the situation inappropriately, and if I did, please let me know and I look forward to your feedback.

Just an update about the situation. The "infamous" guest who challenges most of her items came back to my register last week after not seeing her for three months. When she started with the challenges, I called my GSTL over and explained the situation, trying not to sound accusatory, by saying something along the lines of "This guest challenges a lot of items, can you help me handle the situation". I tried to be discreet and say it without her hearing it, but she unfortunately heard me. She became upset and felt that I was accusing her of lying and the GSTL took her side and scolded me, BUT after denying one of her price challenges.
I saw her last Monday, and when she passed through another cashier's lane (she passed the lane next to me, perhaps she was trying to avoid me after I called the GSTL the previous time), the cashier just gave in to her demands and changed the prices for her without a disagreement.
If the other GSTL who is diligent is there I will ask them to deal with her, but otherwise, I am starting to feel that just changing the prices to get her out of the store might be the way to go with this. I hate to just give in, but I don't want to be scolded by my GSTL over this. I am holding out hope that the guest won't come to my check lane anymore.
Perhaps I handled the situation inappropriately, and if I did, please let me know and I look forward to your feedback.
LET AP KNOW!

I second letting AP know.

One thing that I also do in situations like this is rather than putting my light on, I walk away from the register to my GSTL and explain them the situation. That might not fly with your GSTLs, but that has been the way I deal with shady situations and repeat guests. Trying to mumble something without the guest hearing has almost gotten me in trouble a few times. I know my GSTLs don’t love other cashiers walking off register, but they’re cool with me doing it since they know what I’m up to when I do it and I think they prefer it, so you could always explain that you just wanted them to be aware of the full situation before coming over.

We had a guest who did this, challenging each & every thing, amounts just below the threshold.
But when you tallied how much she knocked off each time she came in, it was pretty significant.
We started checking all her challenges & eventually she went elsewhere.

AP, but also talk to the GSTL or AP or both about setting up a code phrase that you can use to let them know that a fraudster is at your lane. I did this when I was an Electronics Associate at Walmart, where counterfeit travelers' checks were extremely common. Whenever a fake one was passed I would pick up the phone and dial the CSMs up front, and say "Hey this is CTT777 in Electronics, can you come show me how to process a traveler's check?" Anytime I phoned in the code phrase, it was not more than 20 seconds before every single salaried manager in the building plus LP converged on electronics. Fraudster realizes the jig is up when LP *blocks their path* and snatches away the $2,300 HDTV they thought they were getting. At least one of them ran like hell and led the cops on a high speed chase down the interstate. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back