Archived Hours and Days Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems at my store cutting hours and days has become the trend recently. And ETLs making sure we leave at goal time and not a minute later.
Is it the same for you at your store?

Yep.
And when there are call-outs, they seldom replace them unless there's no one else.

It just seems much worse this year.
People that have always gotten 5 days are down to 3.

Every 1st qtr hours are cut to nothing.
My hours are actually higher than they have been but as a store it feels much worse this year...but maybe I just dont remember the past years very well.

Market hours are probably the lowest they have ever been. We are at like 70 total hours for the entire week and we have to help push C+S which is another 8 or so hours taken out of that 70

My hours are actually higher than they have been but as a store it feels much worse this year...but maybe I just dont remember the past years very well.

Market hours are probably the lowest they have ever been. We are at like 70 total hours for the entire week and we have to help push C+S which is another 8 or so hours taken out of that 70
I'm at 38ish, but my c&s shift is now taken out of logistics hours. Which leaves about 80ish for the three pas. plus another four closing shifts of 20-30hrs total.

I'm at 38ish, but my c&s shift is now taken out of logistics hours. Which leaves about 80ish for the three pas. plus another four closing shifts of 20-30hrs total.

What I mean by push C+S is that I am scheduled market but have to help push/backstock C+S on my market shifts because otherwise it wont all get done. So basically Monday and Friday I am doing C+S from 10-2...its stupid

This year is worse than last year for me. Last year I was still getting 20-25hr weeks. That was before my store got mytime, though, so maybe that's the difference. The guy who was doing the schedules back then said he took seniority into account when making the schedules. I guess that wasn't completely fair, but there were actually less complaints about low hours back then. Well in sl there were. Idk about hl etc.

I'm getting 16hrs and less this time around. It suuucks. My budget is based on what I thought was the lower end of my potential pay checks, but I'm not even getting enough hours to cover my bare necessities (feel free to sing now, if you know that song from the jungle book)

Our store is struggling to have even a salesfloor team member during morning and we're down to two 4 hour closers for the entire store. And we're told we still need to cut 20 hours a day.

Yep, same everywhere it seems. I was told it would pick back up once we get closer to back to school. 14 hours this week, 25 hours next week. I -was- only at 20, but my CTL gave me one of his shifts. Hardlines TL is like my work mom and told me to let her know if I need a shift to make my bills. I should be fine, but just her offering was really nice.

What I mean by push C+S is that I am scheduled market but have to help push/backstock C+S on my market shifts because otherwise it wont all get done. So basically Monday and Friday I am doing C+S from 10-2...its stupid
Our market person does produce, fresh meat and bakery from c&s. Plus the order for next delivery. We push, monarch, and backstock everything but bakery(this is backstocked by my freezer guy). But we backstock deli for the other c&s crew.

Yeah our ETL-HR has been shaving off little bits and pieces here and there. For example, the store closing team used to stay until 45 mins after close, now it's 30 mins and will be 25 mins next week. We also aren't allowed to call people in if there's been a call-out. So if we have 1 cashier from 6-11pm (on the weekend, and we are an A volume store), oh well.

Backroom hours have stayed pretty consistent. During the holidays we were getting 35-38/wk, but now we're back around 30-32 (where we were in early November). Gotta love that high backroom turnover. There are always hours for the taking, one way or another.

Our store is barely making payroll has been trying to get everyone to leave by store close.

Backroom hours have stayed pretty consistent. During the holidays we were getting 35-38/wk, but now we're back around 30-32 (where we were in early November). Gotta love that high backroom turnover. There are always hours for the taking, one way or another.
This ^^^

Backroom TMs are getting 38-40 hours if they want it.

And this time last year we were down to 3 trucks a week, but currently we are taking 4-5. So flow is hitting 40 hours as well.

Flow team member here and i'm only getting 12-15 hours a week. I talked to my ETL he said that there aren't hours four sure to most people, he said that it's going to be like this until like late March-April!!!!!.

Guess I'm going to apply to Cosco or get a job with a relative at a restaurant while having this job too.

My 6.5 shift tomorrow was cut to 3. First time ever... HR told me it was to "Meet Payroll."

Glad I have a second income.

Equally glad I live 5 minutes away!

Oh, flow is the guaranteed money position at my store. We take at least a truck a night. We were taking doubles every night for three weeks leading up to Christmas. They stay busy. I never hear about their hours being cut. If anything, they're looking for volunteers to jump in.

Even when my hours are cut, I'm still + 30.

Just saying...

Oh my gosh these are crazy. I will no longer complain that my feet are sore after 40hr weeks on POG. I haven't had any hour cuts (knock on wood). I've been at 40 since maybe Oct or Nov. except a few weeks ago when I called out. Used PH on that day though.

Flow team member here and i'm only getting 12-15 hours a week.
Is your flow team sticking to the schedule (not staying late) and still coming clean each day?

Because while the schedule may look bleak, if the truck isn't fully pushed at your scheduled end time, the TL should be happy to get any help from those who are willing to stay late.

Is your flow team sticking to the schedule (not staying late) and still coming clean each day?

Because while the schedule may look bleak, if the truck isn't fully pushed at your scheduled end time, the TL should be happy to get any help from those who are willing to stay late.
We've been not coming clean and still sending flow home on time or early if a bigger truck is expected later in the week. Smart huddle is now often pushing freight and midday is the 4x4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back