Archived Hours and Days Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, flow is the guaranteed money position at my store. We take at least a truck a night. We were taking doubles every night for three weeks leading up to Christmas. They stay busy. I never hear about their hours being cut. If anything, they're looking for volunteers to jump in.

Yeah flow never gets hours cut.

They should though, since they always end up staying over. It's just like how we should always be over-scheduling on Saturday because YES there will be call-outs.

If you cut flow hours the whole store usually falls apart. They won't cut flow hours. No merchandise, no sales.

If you cut flow hours the whole store usually falls apart. They won't cut flow hours. No merchandise, no sales.
This is what I've always thought was the rationale behind my stores unlimited payroll for flow...Other TMs may hate on them but the fact is nobody can do their jobs properly if the merchandise doesn't get sorted off the truck and pushed to the floor.

We've been not coming clean and still sending flow home on time or early if a bigger truck is expected later in the week. Smart huddle is now often pushing freight and midday is the 4x4.
But I guess it's true that ASANTS....

Many in our store who only get 5-10 hours a week got cut its awful..so no hours at all people need to pay bills but taget needs to change a lot .truly see why unions can help ..I mean we struggle on 10 hours then be told you got cut ..oh there are hours they choose who to.give them too that we know..

Yeah flow never gets hours cut.

They should though, since they always end up staying over. It's just like how we should always be over-scheduling on Saturday because YES there will be call-outs.

That's a terrible idea. Time and time again we get some moron for a new etl who decides to pull that scheme and it always falls apart after a week with the result being either the executives having to do backroom work for days (Which I'll admit is a fabulous sight), or overspending on hours to recuperate.

Flow team has already been cut down to the barebone as far as projected hours via the mechanism of efficiency of process. The only way to save hours with them is to come up with a new process of unloading the truck at this point. Or magically self-stocking boxes.

I have 25 as my max hours because I'm taking classes also and my parents are covering some of the costs, but so far so good here. I'm scheduled for 22 hours next week which is about normal.

However, I did have a week in February last year that was only 10 hours. I fear that may happen very soon.

Still getting hours due to callins. Scheduled 24.5 this week, actually working 42.

All of flow has been scheduled 4-4.5 shifts since the middle of last year (not including 4th q, of course). They never finish anything and they no longer care enough to put anything in the right place. I don't blame them, buuut it makes more work for dayside. Our 4x4s always result in pulling tubs of over-push off the shelves. And sometimes I find things in baby that weren't even unpacked before they tossed it on the shelf.

Moral to that story: cutting flow hours is a nightmare for everyone. Causes a domino effect where everyone is either fixing/finishing the previous person's work or they're making it look neat despite nothing being in the right places.

This is what I've always thought was the rationale behind my stores unlimited payroll for flow...Other TMs may hate on them but the fact is nobody can do their jobs properly if the merchandise doesn't get sorted off the truck and pushed to the floor.

But I guess it's true that ASANTS....
Unlimited payroll is a stretch I would say. Target does cut hours for all departments around this time of the year (tight timelines). My store however wouldn't send people home early if the truck isn't finished just to trim hours.

Part of the problem is target wanting to have early morning processes in stores that should be overnight. And still wanting the store finished by 8.

Not at my store....they will throw the flow team out without the truck being pushed. They don't care. They throw the backroom team out without the backstock being done...they don't care. They throw the pog team out without pogs being set...they don't care. All they do care about is making payroll. I am so tired of hearing yay! we made payroll. Yes, we made payroll but the store looks like crap. So, you will have to spend twice the payroll next week to get it caught up again...then at the end of next month here we go again

No Hardlines TMs at my store today, yet we had 30 hours for Ship From Store (we would have been fine with 8).

This week has been brutal: mids have been trimmed or cut altogether, weekend shift overlaps were trimmed back.
The only time someone picked up hrs was when there was a call-out.
Thought there was going to be a brawl between TMs fighting over those 4 hrs.

Hours have been bad but I'm hoping they'll pick up soon. I'm surprised I got 25 this upcoming week so hopefully that's a sign they're handing out more hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back