Hours being cut.

That's the hard part to swallow, the amount of money has made this year during a pandemic. I'm very appreciative of the bonus money they gave us but I'm not machine and the workload is heavy during January. Keep hearing get the team to do the work for. What team?! When there is no payroll you are the team.

I would usually get upset by having so little hours, however right now a lot of stressful things are happening, so I'm fine with the cut. I got offered more hours by my ETL last week but, without mentioning how much I hate my position, or how many positive cases of covid there has been at my store recently, I politely declined.

January is usually when they cut hours. But it’s different in our department right at this time. Since had a covid outbreak in our department, we have hours since people have to be on leave. They already asked me if I wanted to get more hours, of course I said naaaaahhhh. Like this is not the best time for me personally. And I just heard one of my coworkers from the same department is currently hospitalized due to covid.

Our seasonals are still on the schedule for next week, getting one or two shifts - why these hoes still around? Give the hours to the regulars!
We have one who has our ETL fooled. Let’s call them David Copperfield they pull a magic act after lunch for 90 minutes. Then carry one piece of cardboard to the baler. Then push one box to the sales floor.

oh and they picked up a shift this week. Wtf

Last edited:
We have one who has our ETL fooled. Let’s call them David Copperfield they pull a magic act after lunch for 90 minutes. Then carry one piece of cardboard to the baler. Then push one box to the sales floor.

oh and they picked up a shift this week. Wtf
I wonder how they do that . It’s almost impossible for me to not work for a second . I don’t even feel to stay for a minute like that . Doing something is making me survive my workplace . Also , please don’t talk to me 🙄🙏

January is usually when they cut hours. But it’s different in our department right at this time. Since had a covid outbreak in our department, we have hours since people have to be on leave. They already asked me if I wanted to get more hours, of course I said naaaaahhhh. Like this is not the best time for me personally. And I just heard one of my coworkers from the same department is currently hospitalized due to covid.
Try having both the produce manager (my boss) and the assistant department manager (myself) out at the same time (we were both out on COVID leave during the Thanksgiving holiday and could not be anywhere near the store during this time or we could have lost our jobs).

These losers are kept on for a variety of reasons. They may be unique, weird, the bad boy image (for the female leaders) protected, good bullshitters, smooth talking among other factors.

Looks like a few from my department dropped off the schedule two weeks out. Still kept a couple more than was necessary IMO but at least it wasn't the whole lot of 'em.

Back