Hours hours hours

I'll start doing that when GM takes over ALL of Entertainment (POGs, revisions, pulls, push, and backstocking) like they are supposed to be doing but never have.
But they do . At least at my store they do. The tech is just there . And gm Tl takes care of the pogs and stuff . And usuallly when the sports dbo finish their workload they do the the pulls and books and what not

But they do . At least at my store they do. The tech is just there . And gm Tl takes care of the pogs and stuff . And usuallly when the sports dbo finish their workload they do the the pulls and books and what not
Our sporting goods dbo does the truck when they are done. No mmb.

We have a dedicated DBO for just entertainment. Not that it helps. Her shit never gets pushed until flex gets tired of digging through book freight and blitzes it all out. Tech doesn't touch it. They'll dust before they touch a movie.

This is something I don't understand. Beauty TMs get called up a lot at my store too...all I can think is why? They have a lot of tiny shit to deal with and yet every 10 minutes it's the first place that gets called.

I guess because they're closer. But you're never on the register for short periods, it's always at least 30 minutes.
Our beauty and most of our DBO’s do not respond.

My store usually has 2 or 3 Cashiers and 2 people at Guest Services to start the day. I feel horrible for stores that don’t have enough payroll/improperly manage it. It really sucks too for other workcenters because their work is halted for backup. Especially when they’re on register for more than 10 minutes. Company brags and boasts about numbers yet don’t supply stores with enough hours to accommodate business needs.
Company brags about putting guests first and we don’t have enough people scheduled.

ASANTS. We in Tech do everything in Entertainment. GM has never touched it.

Because specialty( beauty & style) should cover electronics not gm. Since they are all specialty you shouldn’t as for GM.
Does that mean Electronics should cover Beauty's breaks? I'd love to see one of the guys help a guest pick out lipstick or mascara.

As a Style TM I know almost nothing about Electronics. Don't know what keys go to what fixture, don't know anything about TVs or laptops and even less about video games, ipods, Firesticks, sim cards, etc. I might be able to help someone find a movie, that's about it. Not saying I couldn't learn if i had to, but it seems that GM has always covered Electronics breaks at my store.

Last edited:
Guests no longer come first. It did not matter how much work we had to do, I was in Price Accurracy & we always had too much to do, but they drilled it into our heads that greeting every guest, responding to back up, etc, was our FIRST priority. My store is in a very affluent So. Cal area where guests demand it. That no longer is the case. Half the people now on the floor can't speak English, therefore can't help guests & have to find a TM who speaks English, was no big deal when they worked overnight, and we are constantly in the guests way. I no longer answer backup calls & try as hard as I can to not make eye contact with any guests out of fear that they may ask for help & then I'll get a performace coaching for not finishing my work. 7 years with Spot. NEVER got a coaching ever, for anything. Not until Modernization. Now all of a sudden I'm worthless.

Guests no longer come first. It did not matter how much work we had to do, I was in Price Accurracy & we always had too much to do, but they drilled it into our heads that greeting every guest, responding to back up, etc, was our FIRST priority. My store is in a very affluent So. Cal area where guests demand it. That no longer is the case. Half the people now on the floor can't speak English, therefore can't help guests & have to find a TM who speaks English, was no big deal when they worked overnight, and we are constantly in the guests way. I no longer answer backup calls & try as hard as I can to not make eye contact with any guests out of fear that they may ask for help & then I'll get a performace coaching for not finishing my work. 7 years with Spot. NEVER got a coaching ever, for anything. Not until Modernization. Now all of a sudden I'm worthless.

I run into this all the time. Tm's just turn their walkies off. Don't log into the phones. I don't blame the tm's. I blame management.

Back