Archived Hours :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, everyone knows that hours really suck right now. My supervisors tell me that they will start to pick up in March. Is this true? Will summer be a busy time? When I can expect to start getting some substantial hours?

This time of year pretty much always sucks.
Every damn year.
And yes, things should pick up in March - as long as your store didn't overshoot hours and have to make them up or Spot finds themselves in a deeper hole then they thought they would.
Keep checking the swap shift board and if have any vacation or personal hours you don't mind using to pay bills, you can go that route.

At my store, it tends to pick up a little just before Easter, then hours suck again until summer begins. Once BTS/BTC starts, then it gets really busy in the store.

All of our hours dropped when they allowed myTime to create our store's Next Next Week schedule. I was getting an average of 35 to now 20. ETLs running around like crazy asking people to come in on this date and can you stay later on this day.

I can't live off "can you stay later or come in on this day," so I feel bad when I have to tell them no for the extra hours..because I've already submitted my schedule to my other two jobs... I work around Target's schedule for my other two jobs.

Last edited:
I like the idea of My time cause of the app and stuff but MAX is nice and provides flexibility ^.^

when they allowed myTime to create our store's Next Next Week schedule

I'm not sure what myTime or the Next Next Week schedule is. Can someone elaborate? Thanks.

myTime is the replacement for Max that some stores have already rolled out and is lurking like a dark cloud around the corner for others. Has a few nice things (check schedule from home), but is in essence a computer-generated schedule based entirely around corporate metrics and sales patterns, which tends to be kind of aggravating when actual human beings with tasks to get done and mouths to feed get introduced into the equation.

Next next week schedule is just that, the schedule posted 10 days out for the week after next week.

Does it work on Macs? (aside: I've tried the stuff from the pinned thread, doesn't work for me.)

I'll assume they haven't implemented myTime at my store, but I never use eHR as I have to go in early or stay late to do so. Only two ancient computers at my store, both seemingly running Windows 98, and always a wait for them.

Another concern: does the computer switch up the schedule as the next next week approaches, or do they have a set-in-stone schedule now for three weeks out?

Does it work on Macs? (aside: I've tried the stuff from the pinned thread, doesn't work for me.)

Spot blocked remote access to eHR. Go to target.com/viewschedule. If you log in and it denies you access (assuming you have the correct password and haven't locked yourself out), your store may not use MyTime yet. MAX can only be accessed on Target computers.

Another concern: does the computer switch up the schedule as the next next week approaches, or do they have a set-in-stone schedule now for three weeks out?

Once a week's schedule is generated and posted 10 days out, it stays the same except for edits by HR and/or LODs such as shift swaps. The system won't generate a completely new schedule for the same week.

All of our hours dropped when they allowed myTime to create our store's Next Next Week schedule. I was getting an average of 35 to now 20. ETLs running around like crazy asking people to come in on this date and can you stay later on this day.

I can't live off "can you stay later or come in on this day," so I feel bad when I have to tell them no for the extra hours..because I've already submitted my schedule to my other two jobs... I work around Target's schedule for my other two jobs.
No need to feel bad. I made this exact argument to my STL when they announced that part-time benefits were being cut. I told him that Target only keeps increasing part time employment. He tried to argue that that's what people keep asking for. I tried to explain that it was mostly due to the fact that people have become increasingly reliant on part time hours only because they have to work in a second and third job. If they would just make more permanent full time positions available, more people would stick around and work them; none of this teaser crap where you get a couple 40 hour weeks only to have them suddenly cut in half. He reacted like that thought had never crossed his mind.

Last edited:
I'd assume just based around corporate metrics and inversely around sales patterns (i.e. to least disrupt guests by having you pushing/resetting/setting/etc. while the store is busiest)

I would imagine that workload would also be taken into consideration where applicable (TWT for plano, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back