Archived How a Hardlines TM aid other areas ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehomiesleepy

LA Street Soldier
Despite the general daily duties an Average Hardlines TM is given. What extra things can they do to aid and ultimately reduce work load of TM in other work areas like backroom, instocks, electronics etc?

I can speak to the Instocks: be accurate. By that I mean Push accurately (put the product in the right place and don't overstock). Zone accurately (to POG every time). Maintain labels. Break ties on endcaps that have to be killed, & SF Tie anything that gets flexed up.
Thanks for asking

Oh OK, it's just for end caps we create not official sales planners. Thank you. For some reason I thought you were talking about stuff flexed in the aisles.

I work hardlines and a few other departments. It's kind of hard to help out other areas, when we barely have enough time to finish our tasks.
There are a few things that you can incorporate to your routine that will save other people time and stress.
This is what I can think of...

Backroom:
  • Don't be lazy and check for second locations, this prevents unnecessary backstock.
  • If you are taking backstock to the backroom make sure it's somewhat organized.
  • Place backstock in the appropriate stockroom/area.
  • Place tubs, flatbeds, and smart carts into their correct spot. Throw away your cardboard.
  • Learn to use SUBT. You won't interrupt BR-TM and the guest will get their item faster.

Instocks:
  • Zone to POG, although this really isn't realistic given the horrible hours.
  • Use STORE TIE.
  • Ask Instocks TL what areas are being scanned the next day.
    give those areas more attention during your closing zone and push reshop for that area.
  • Remove gray dots as you zone if the spot has been replenished.
Electronics/Front-End/Pharmacy:
  • Respond to their backup requests
Guest Service:
  • Respond to their backup requests.
  • Sort your reshop and don't leave random junk on their counter.
  • If you have defects or repackages make sure you give them to the GS-TM.
Presentation:
  • Don't trash the fixture room. Put your shelves, pegs, etc. back in their proper spots.
  • Demerch. At my store our POG-TL will ask the closing HL team to help demerch intense aisles.
    We spend 10 minutes after closing when necessary.
Pricing:
  • Use STORE TIE
  • Take any clearance that is missing tickets to the pricing area. If it's only an item or two take it to guest service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back