How are y’all’s stores?

Today I found out that our AP ETL has hidden cameras in the break room conference room, and some offices in the back where the team leaders spend their time…. How weird is that? Imagine being so obsessed with your job that you go a step further to spy on everyone. Wtf 😵‍💫
Target is a cult, Been saying that. My work just installed a camera for the drive up area and I’m sure it’s mostly to see it cart attendants or drive up is on their phones like why does it matter if nothing is going on for a minute?

Target is a cult, Been saying that. My work just installed a camera for the drive up area and I’m sure it’s mostly to see it cart attendants or drive up is on their phones like why does it matter if nothing is going on for a minute?
Nah, seeing front end people hanging around on their phones is really unprofessional and tacky. It's a bad look to our guests and other TMs who are busting their butts while they goof around or lean on the counters scrolling. You telling me there is literally nothing else to do? At least they could try to hide their loafing.

Nah, seeing front end people hanging around on their phones is really unprofessional and tacky. It's a bad look to our guests and other TMs who are busting their butts while they goof around or lean on the counters scrolling. You telling me there is literally nothing else to do? At least they could try to hide their loafing.
Yeah this is a constant struggle and takes up way too much of my time.

I mean I’m not disagreeing that there are ones who don’t do shit that should be getting onto. Believe me I hate lazy coworkers, But when there’s a lot more problems going on like lack of scheduling and the management aren’t doing enough to help when short staffed and whatnot and that’s their big priority, it’s stupid. And who gives a fuck what the guests think, If the worker isn’t on a checklane or running the service desk, Who cares. Another reason why Target is a cult, Their obsession on everything the guest thinks, One bad review isn’t gonna make them lose lots of money, People will still come no matter what lol.

And why the hell should the hardest workers especially ones like me who don’t suck up to management give a fuck what any of them think when all they do is mistreat us and expect us to pick up the slack. Cart Attendants do it and even people in other positions who work hard end up having to it, If anything management should give us the least amount of shit when they speak to us.

I mean I’m not disagreeing that there are ones who don’t do shit that should be getting onto. Believe me I hate lazy coworkers, But when there’s a lot more problems going on like lack of scheduling and the management aren’t doing enough to help when short staffed and whatnot and that’s their big priority, it’s stupid. And who gives a fuck what the guests think, If the worker isn’t on a checklane or running the service desk, Who cares. Another reason why Target is a cult, Their obsession on everything the guest thinks, One bad review isn’t gonna make them lose lots of money, People will still come no matter what lol.
I've been in retail forever, worked my way up to salaried manager with another company and am now a regular TM with Target. I've also always been a big shopper so I understand things from the supply side and the demand side. Not bragging but I know retail inside and out. Employees leaning on the counters scrolling on their phones at Guest Services in full view of customers is not cool, period. There is no excuse for it.

Leaders should make it known that this is unacceptable behavior. Never mind the ones chewing food and slurping drinks. At least they could try to be more discreet. I once walked by the Electronics boat and a TM was chowing down on a slice of pizza in full view of everyone. Call me old-school, call me a Boomer, IDGAF, there are certain things that are just unacceptable.

On another thread people are clutching pearls over stickers on name tags - honey this company got bigger problems than that. You could have 20 stickers on your damn name badge as long as you aren't hanging around doing nothing when I can see 10 things that could be addressed in your immediate area.

I've been in retail forever, worked my way up to salaried manager with another company and am now a regular TM with Target. I've also always been a big shopper so I understand things from the supply side and the demand side. Not bragging but I know retail inside and out. Employees leaning on the counters scrolling on their phones at Guest Services in full view of customers is not cool, period. There is no excuse for it.

Leaders should make it known that this is unacceptable behavior. Never mind the ones chewing food and slurping drinks. At least they could try to be more discreet. I once walked by the Electronics boat and a TM was chowing down on a slice of pizza in full view of everyone. Call me old-school, call me a Boomer, IDGAF, there are certain things that are just unacceptable.
Like I said I’m not disagreeing about that at all, I’m just talking in general like if your waiting for a drive up order in the drive up area and the car isn’t there, it won’t hurt anything if they are on their phone for a minute or two. The problem is the priorities with management and the time and place of doing something. My point is management needs to focus on all the problems going on in the store like staff shortages and how they handle these issues that have gone on for over a month now instead of someone being on their phone discreetly. Maybe workers would also respect them more if they did more to help. Not saying it’s right for people to be lazy and I’m not saying go full lazy but if it’s for a minute or two it won’t hurt anything. Then they can help in other areas if it’s necessary and if they are trained.

Like I said I’m not disagreeing about that at all, I’m just talking in general like if your waiting for a drive up order in the drive up area and the car isn’t there, it won’t hurt anything if they are on their phone for a minute or two. The problem is the priorities with management and the time and place of doing something. My point is management needs to focus on all the problems going on in the store like staff shortages and how they handle these issues that have gone on for over a month now instead of someone being on their phone discreetly. Maybe workers would also respect them more if they did more to help. Not saying it’s right for people to be lazy and I’m not saying go full lazy but if it’s for a minute or two it won’t hurt anything. Then they can help in other areas if it’s necessary and if they are trained.
Fair enough, I'm not going to lie and say I never look at my phone, lol. Of course I do, but I do try to be discreet. And front end aren't the only culprits of course, we have Style TMs walking around having full-on conversations on the sales floor, phone up to ear. Just irks me, lol.

I’m on my phone part of the day too when I’m working but not on it for like a long time the exception being break or if something important is happening where I need to get off the floor for a few minutes. This day in age especially if you have a life outside of work such as hobbies, other jobs or lots of issues in life outside of work which I do in one area I just mentioned currently, the workplace is important but so could be something outside of there. I know smartphones and tech wraps around our lives now and can be addicting I admit it and I try everyday working or not to fight those urges I’m old school in many ways myself as a 21 year old man, But can’t work too hard or show so much care for a company who treats hard workers like shit and loves to play politics alot. At my work i have a mangers and workers who speak highly of me, I think the ones I don’t like exactly speaks highly of me at times even when I disagree with them alot. But I’m not putting my effort to doing extra and stuff as much when they allow bullshit to happen at the workplace.

“If you can lean, you can clean.” Absolutely.

I've seen cashiers eating chips at the front lanes, and one tm used to bring in a chocolate glazed donut almost daily... to eat out on the sales floor, while on the clock.

Fair enough, I'm not going to lie and say I never look at my phone, lol. Of course I do, but I do try to be discreet. And front end aren't the only culprits of course, we have Style TMs walking around having full-on conversations on the sales floor, phone up to ear. Just irks me, lol.
To be honest, there are plenty of leaders in my store on their phones and chatting amongst each other.

I once walked by the Electronics boat and a TM was chowing down on a slice of pizza in full view of everyone. Call me old-school, call me a Boomer, IDGAF, there are certain things that are just unacceptable.

And yet, apparently, they are acceptable.

My GM ETL told me today he’s trying to transfer out to a Food ETL role at a Super. He recommended an HR TL role that’s opening up at a Small Format to me since he knows I’d like to do HR down the line. He says it’s only gonna get worse in our store. A lot of TM’s are also looking for transfers. Back room is a fucking disaster again because of the doubles and I got to clean receiving every day now if I want my team to unload our FDC…

HR in small format is sounding like a good idea for now.

My GM ETL told me today he’s trying to transfer out to a Food ETL role at a Super. He recommended an HR TL role that’s opening up at a Small Format to me since he knows I’d like to do HR down the line. He says it’s only gonna get worse in our store. A lot of TM’s are also looking for transfers. Back room is a fucking disaster again because of the doubles and I got to clean receiving every day now if I want my team to unload our FDC…

HR in small format is sounding like a good idea for now.
Our smaller format HR ETL does a lot of things besides HR so it might be a good taste of every department AND during HR.

I believe in the near future, spot is not going to be very forgiving to the stores who do not plan for such events prior to their arrival.

We fell flat on our faces. Our leadership refused to use the storage containers and thought we could just "muscle" through it.

All I can say that it was just incredibly stupid.
Spot not forgiving to the stores that Spot set up for failure by overloading with freight and giving no hours? Spot can't really figure out what the issue is and so barks at the hole in the ground ... See Spot go out of business.

Your store sounds like mine. I was asked to come in Monday overnight to try and get caught up on style truck pallets. What was supposed to be myself, the Girls dept. dbo, and the Style etl ended up just being me. The girls dbo was reassigned to run racks and the etl was just there doing nothing, literally. To make matters worse the district manager came in the store at 8 Monday unannounced and didn't leave until 4pm that afternoon. The visit didn't go well and the SD ended up chewing out all the team leads in a meeting that afternoon. As a result our Inbound team lead quit as did 4 truck unloaders. It is crazy.
and then what happened? I'm always so curious as the the aftermath of TMs quitting en masse -- because I want it to happen at my store to send a message up the chain.

and then what happened? I'm always so curious as the the aftermath of TMs quitting en masse -- because I want it to happen at my store to send a message up the chain.
What happens is they give hours to other TMs, leadership jumps in to help, and they hire more people and carry on. In a couple of weeks they forget those that quit ever worked there.

Since that night, the style etl, grocery etl, inbound tl, and fulfillment to have all quit. That's in addition to almost all of the truck unload/inbound team. Corporate has basically lived in my store, with the latest visit being day before yesterday. As a result of that latest visit, our SD is on LOA.

Back