Archived How big is your 12 pm CAF???

How big is your stores 12 CAF after your truck backstock has been completed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is assuming that you finish all of your backstock before the 12pm CAF...

If your pulls are consistently under 1 hour, please let us know what you are doing differently to prevent over pulling in your CAFs.....

It's usually the second one, but our flow team isn't even done by 12!

We used to be a 4 am store (B volume). 11 am CAFs were usually quite small, about 30-40 minutes, tops. 12s were bigger, but not unmanageable--typically 1.5 hours, sometimes less.

When we switched to a 6 am process, we got rid of the 11s. Now the 12s are around 2-2.5 hours. And it's a blue moon if we actually finish backstock by the time flow/BR AM team leaves.

We have an overnight process so backstock is almost always completed long before 12 except during the holiday season. Our 11s are usually 1.5-2 hrs but only encompass grocery side and about 1/3 of hardlines. Everything drops from 12 on with the 12s ranging from 3-4 hours.

We're a former 4am process that is now a 6am who has been struggling MIGHTILY in the backroom keeping things clean. The other day, our ETL Log. took a few BR TM's overnight and worked just on backstocking all the crap that had been there for weeks (and I do mean weeks...I recognized a tub of product that I'd pulled off an endcap at the end of June). Needless to say, our 12's were over 4h long the next day, lol!!! Aiyiyiyiyi.

Normally though, I think they're in the 1-2h range.

Usually 2-4 hours but about a month ago they were 17 hours long.

We're a former 4am process that is now a 6am who has been struggling MIGHTILY in the backroom keeping things clean. The other day, our ETL Log. took a few BR TM's overnight and worked just on backstocking all the crap that had been there for weeks (and I do mean weeks...I recognized a tub of product that I'd pulled off an endcap at the end of June). Needless to say, our 12's were over 4h long the next day, lol!!! Aiyiyiyiyi.

I thought that stuff would come out in the auto fills?

I might have, but I think the auto fills were jacked up that morning (didn't get pulled, or were also huge, or rolled over, or what)..

Stores are beginning testing of every other hour pulls again (11, 1, 3, and 5) which would apply to all volumes... So perhaps we don't have to worry about the dreaded noons for much longer :)

Furthermore, I think that there are some stores that are going to no pulls at all. However, I am curious to see how the test goes as most stores do not follow MyTime at all!

^^ A ULV in our district has had every-other-hour CAF's for awhile now; at least two years; I figured it was just a ULV thing. Maybe not?

The longest I've seen is about 4 hours, which was only a few weeks back. Usually we're in the 1-2 hour range. We have an unspoken "all hands on deck" policy in regards to pulls from 11:00 until the 1:00 or 2:00 pulls. If you're in the back, you're pulling CAFs. Sure, we don't NEED 4 people pulling at the same time, but if there isn't a huge amount of backstock or some other catastrophe to deal with, getting the CAFs done in 30 minutes certainly allows more time for the other tasks to be worked on.

The 12's at my store, i can pull alone in under 1 second. But do keep in mind we dont have 12's :)

Wow. I hope you guys re-pushed before you backstocked.

Furthermore, I think that there are some stores that are going to no pulls at all. However, I am curious to see how the test goes as most stores do not follow MyTime at all!

^^ A ULV in our district has had every-other-hour CAF's for awhile now; at least two years; I figured it was just a ULV thing. Maybe not?

Project Viper.

Wow. I hope you guys re-pushed before you backstocked.

Hahahahahahahahahaaaa. Oh, you weren't kidding. We barely have enough TM's and hours to push the truck, let alone repush the old stuff.

We did have a system issues in which our Autos went from 20 hours to 4 hours and our 11am/12pm CAFs went from 1-2 hours to 8-10 hours per hour.

After a million e-mails and a handful of mysupports they reset the system which fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back