How big is your backroom

My store is a greatland and we used to be very very very large lol. The backroom used to have 70ish isles. but then with OPU remodel we changed to 52.

I've only ever worked at my store and never seen other stores other than peaking into their fire aisle.

for reference, this is our fire isle lol

Attachments

• fire isle.png
    fire isle.png
    15.4 MB · Views: 99
That's about 3 times the length of my fire aisle. When I started at my store we had 24 aisles of light duty. After the many changes that have occurred in the backroom in the years since (pfresh remodel, sort & stock, SFS, A&A 2.0), we are down to 16; 2 of those are for style now so 14 if you don't count those.

My store is a greatland and we used to be very very very large lol. The backroom used to have 70ish isles. but then with OPU remodel we changed to 52.

I've only ever worked at my store and never seen other stores other than peaking into their fire aisle.

now that's a solid 10/10, all you're missing is some location stickers for your Trim-A-Tree backstock

Super here. As far as light duty, current store (pre remodel) has 9 half-length (A-H) aisles for grocery, 14 full-length (A-R) aisles and 5 half-length aisles in main stockroom, and roughly 6 aisles in stockroom B (its just the long skinny one down the side of the store), 2 full aisles for electronics. Was literally bursting at the seams last Q4. I'm scared for this year. So much wasted opportunity.

I'm not sure how up to date it is, but there used to be spreadsheet or PDF on workbench that had every store and their light duty and bulk racking capacity in linear feet. Interesting to see how much/little some stores have.

Thats about double of my first store.

Hard to define, there're so many "backrooms" at my store. It wraps around the back corner of the building in an L shape with the long end being receiving/GM and the short end being Food. Plus there's a significant area in the front of the store for HBA /Phar /cosmetics /ULTA / and a bit smack in the center for shoes. And there's the old Garden Center storing random remodel leftover fixtures & WACOs

How do you define backroom? My store has areas everywhere. Front with DU, back, GS for checklane items, salesfloor locked for Ulta/Beauty

Our total backroom space is pretty big. All our backrooms probably go around 90% of the perimeter of the store, not counting the front obviously lol. But we actually do have a smaller "back" room in the front of the store

In the main backroom, which practically spans the entire back of the store, it fits 3 rows of aisles.

How do you define backroom? My store has areas everywhere. Front with DU, back, GS for checklane items, salesfloor locked for Ulta/Beauty
Hm. I’d saw the primary place you hold your items in the store

Like my store technically has 4 back rooms lol.

Old electronics
OTC
Primary
and the overflow DU OPU hold. we use it as extra space.

Reported to be largest in the district, unfortunately the product is still overflowing through the backroom doors and the vendors have to come in through the front due to all the unpushed freight
Yup! How many isles do you have?

We have 24 aisles in our main backroom . Then there is separate backrooms one each for HBA , elec , Chem and pets . Then a separate two side sections for paper .

Not including steel (and also excluding electronics), my backroom had 36 aisles

Also I've never seen a "delayed open" exit. What's the reason for that, anyone know?
I'm guessing to avoid setting off alarms accidentally? Seems really counterintuitive though - like, if I need to use an emergency exit I need it to open this second, not 15 seconds from now.

Back