Archived How busy is Q4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GSTL/GSAs and service desk TMs have it the worst..

Debateable

Pretty sure AP (we had 3 fights at my quiet suburban store) and BR (with end to end they are going to have so many messes to clean up) would fight you on that comment. Cart attendants too (come back from break and the cart well is empty) or in rainy areas you are constantly having to wipe down carts after they come in.

While there are some things that do suck for service desk/gsa. (We don't price match starting black friday) you have all your policies posted

I'll second about carts. And I'll add that getting them in snow is the worst. The pusher won't go on the snow, so you have to get them by hand. The wheels don't turn, so you push/slide the carts in. Then, the snow melts from the carts creating a constant puddle (pond some days) and you still have to try to dry off the carts. And, Cart Attendant also has to shovel.

I'll second about carts. And I'll add that getting them in snow is the worst. The pusher won't go on the snow, so you have to get them by hand. The wheels don't turn, so you push/slide the carts in. Then, the snow melts from the carts creating a constant puddle (pond some days) and you still have to try to dry off the carts. And, Cart Attendant also has to shovel.

You gave me the idea to patent a cart pusher, that doubles as a snow blower.

I'd say Toys has it the worst.

You get all the people in shopping who have no idea what they are looking for... the zone tends to be terrible. And endcaps blow out quickly, or reset for the ad or hot deal all.the.time..

Lots of freight, lots of outs, lots of pulling & backstocking in the BR.... and the Clearance at the end of the season.

:yikes:

Debateable

Pretty sure AP (we had 3 fights at my quiet suburban store) and BR (with end to end they are going to have so many messes to clean up) would fight you on that comment. Cart attendants too (come back from break and the cart well is empty) or in rainy areas you are constantly having to wipe down carts after they come in.

While there are some things that do suck for service desk/gsa. (We don't price match starting black friday) you have all your policies posted

Starting this year we will be able to price Match target.com during the holidays. I do agree with the cart attendants. AP does a lot of sitting around and observing or some floor work and they don’t have to directly engage until the apprehension/PMR. So they just have it hard year round!

remembers how absolutely backed up electronics was

we had 10 carts of go backs at the boat

some more in the back

2 tms one in elec one in toys

and we are low volume

i still have nightmares

Saturday night in Q4-

Everyone on a register even LOD. If I call box goes off most likely will get to 3rd request. No one will pick up the phone and GS line becomes 70% store pick up. Long lines at GS and cart attendant even on a register. Reshop is extremely bad. Good times

I was forged in fire last season, I think I blacked out most of it from my memory. I remember the lines of reshop carts and trying to maintain some semblance of a zone. I don't know why I'm going to subject myself to another round of it, I guess I am just a glutton for cash and pain.

Just to inject some optimism into this thread: it's crazy and a challenge, but kind of fun and exciting. My store is on point with Q4 cashier scheduling; I was in hardlines last year and barely touched a register. Forget Thanksgiving and Black Friday, they had every register with a dedicated cashier on it the whole time. Dedicated cashiers in electronics, too, so the electronics TMs could focus 100% on guest service. The best part was having double the amount of closing TMs. The more the merrier!

Saturday night in Q4-

Everyone on a register even LOD. If I call box goes off most likely will get to 3rd request. No one will pick up the phone and GS line becomes 70% store pick up. Long lines at GS and cart attendant even on a register. Reshop is extremely bad. Good times
Oh god that reminds me...at my store last year they pretty much only scheduled one person at GS at a time to handle both returns and OPUs (we had a mid GSTL shift available to backup though). This year we don't have enough GSAs/GSTLs for a mid, and the service desk is also the operator. I wonder how far into November it will take before the ETLs realize that's a problem?

My question is, where is spot going to put all the reshop at? Not behind gs, hiding in the back room on a trailer.

Last year my store piled the reshop next to register 16 from q4. With the new reshop/hotel lobby gs rules it's hard to imagine getting everything out on the floor.

My question is, where is spot going to put all the reshop at? Not behind gs, hiding in the back room on a trailer.
Lol, and what are they going to put them in? They technically aren't allowed to use carts anymore and there's no way in hell we have enough 3-tiers for that..

why-300-is-the-most-influential-movie-of-the-new-millennium.jpg

This = Black Friday weekend!

My old standard quotes during my Target days were

"Be sure not to schedule me in Housewares or Sporting Goods...I am that Nutty"
"Hide the knives and baseball bats"

Lol, and what are they going to put them in? They technically aren't allowed to use carts anymore and there's no way in hell we have enough 3-tiers for that..
I bet the 3tiers will roll the reshop into the backroom to carts, and where it will be sorted and transferred back to the 3tiers to be worked.

Last edited:
Saturday night in Q4-

At our store it’s like this too except the GSTLS/GSAS stay off the lane of course to respond to blinkers. Last year I had all of the ETLs in the store and the STL hop on a lane and of course the interns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back