Archived How busy is Q4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
Can anybody give me any insight as to how busy my story will truly be during Christmas? We're A volume, maybe A+. I've only worked at spot since June and am just wondering how busy 4th quarter actually is. Are there normally two people scheduled in electronics? Do they hire team members just for toys? Are all of our checklanes usually open? Should I expect to be called for backup a lot or do they usually hire enough cashiers? I know ASANTS but just looking for some insight into how crazy Q4 will be, I'm excited and nervous at the same time lol

if you have to ask .... you are NOT ready for this.
BlackFridayBlueLaws.jpg

140205125921-target-store-black-friday-1024x576.jpg

Insane. Absolutely, positively, insane. Only speaking from experience as being inside the store during Q4 as a guest because I work overnight when the store is closed and Thank god for it lol. Only time I deal with guests is when the store is open overnight Thanksgiving into Black Friday and it’s actually not that bad. Granted I leave at 6am before it gets really crazy.

For the first time I won't be in FA.

Hmmmm...

I've been through many holiday seasons in retail(10 years). Seven years at Kohl's and three years for Target. It's a nightmare, especially on the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas. I don't know how I do it considering I'm socially akward.

@HLN13 hopefully you have (SOME) coworkers at your store that takes pride in actually doing their duties CORRECTLY. I say that to this point. Lean on those Veterans as they have seen things and obviously know things. Good coworkers make bad days bearable. Good luck ;)

You'll be fine. It's like a busy Saturday rush but constantly.

There will be backup since the cashier's have to have their breaks and lunches covered. The key to q4 is to realize it's going to be madness and to accept it.

Some tms freak out when things aren't in the right place and while that is annoying. You have to realize that's a part of q4 when you hire seasonal who simply don't care or take pride in the store.

Be as helpful as you can and don't stress too much. There will be some awful seasonal who make you look good by comparison.

Honestly it goes by so fast it's crazy. I do like the "let's get thru this" mentality at my store when it comes to black Friday weekend. We usually get provided with breakfast and then italian food for lunch.

I agree with @HRZone that a certain level of resignation to disarray is healthy. Things will not be perfect. It's just impossible. But you do what you can.

Also. Beware those guests that will take all your equipment, paperwork, go backs, etc out of your cart, dump them somewhere nearby just to take your cart. Seriously happens. I even saw a guest shopping with a 2-tier on black friday. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back