Archived How can this be legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn guys, it isn't as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Most people and kids enjoy building and decorating Christmas trees. Instead of looking at it as a potential lawsuit, think of it as the STL thinking it would be some good team member bonding time. It will be a time for enjoying the season, and having some fun. I mean he could just have 1 tm member do it like usual and have that person hate building 10-15 trees.

I can think of a lot better ways to bond. Like how about build and decorate a tree to donate to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Then it's all good. But creating a volunteer event to avoid using payroll hours just seems shady to me.
Are you 100% sure he is doing it to avoid payroll????? no you dont know.

What good reason can you think of?

Next thing you know Spot will stop paying for cart attendants because by golly, the guests should be returning the carts themselves! Then tell the team members to clock out, push a few carts back into the store before heading to their cars at the end of their. All in the name of "team" building.

SMH. I have no words.

Damn guys, it isn't as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Most people and kids enjoy building and decorating Christmas trees. Instead of looking at it as a potential lawsuit, think of it as the STL thinking it would be some good team member bonding time. It will be a time for enjoying the season, and having some fun. I mean he could just have 1 tm member do it like usual and have that person hate building 10-15 trees.

I can think of a lot better ways to bond. Like how about build and decorate a tree to donate to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Then it's all good. But creating a volunteer event to avoid using payroll hours just seems shady to me.
Are you 100% sure he is doing it to avoid payroll????? no you dont know.

What good reason can you think of?

Next thing you know Spot will stop paying for cart attendants because by golly, the guests should be returning the carts themselves! Then tell the team members to clock out, push a few carts back into the store before heading to their cars ..... All in the name of "team" building.

SMH. I have no words.
Working off the clock.....
Yeh, Walmart paid dearly for this.

The only tree that was suppose to be decorated is the 10.5 foot tree. It came with display ornaments. How are they going to make an event out of that?

At the event they put the trees together. Singing TM decorated the 10.5 foot one on the clock

Putting the trees together would certainly be in the hours allotted for setting up the Christmas displays.

Or how about treating your team members right to begin with....that's a great way to bond with them !
Are you aware how that STL treats his team members?? No.
My comment about treating team members right to begin with was a general statement. I am saying that all Stls ( this goes for etls, tls and hell even tms...WE all need to treat everyone right) should treat their team members right...and if they are doing that already great...if not...then they should. While the post was about a specific store it also was dealing with Spot in general...thus my comment .

Well, I hope the TM who said she works at this store comes back to update.

Heard from my neighbor over the weekend. She said there is a "thank you" display of pictures of this event in her store's TSC. The pictures show kids putting together these trees in the backroom. She says she's very upset with the hotline process since it seems nothing was addressed. She is actively looking for another job.

Regardless of the STL's intent, the event is a HUGE compliance violation and could cost her job if the ethics hotline did their duty and reported it.

I used to work at a company where most of us would eat at our desks since the breakroom was tiny and had no TV. Someone apparently called the ethics hotline and everyone was interviewed. I didn't know why but they asked us individually how often we did this, and I replied everyday. Everyone got a nice surprise check after the investigation ended. Apparently, it didn't matter if we unhooked our phones, it was still a labor violation and companies WILL get fined as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back