Archived How do I save my struggling team?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't get too comfortable thinking along those lines. I guess it's up to the leaders in a specific department on how hard they want to push the team, but, REFUSING to work faster is definitely a coachable offense. Technically, you can be termed on the spot for failure to follow direction if you simply refuse to perform your tasks as outlined in your core roles.

And its how you go about it right? If you tell me to work faster and I say I will try and I ultimately dont do it, then I dont know if its a coachable offense.

Now if I show dissent when you ask me and give the indication I am purposely going slow then yes that is very coachable.

Yes, you can be coached for not working faster if they are failing to complete their task. You're not completing your work, you can be coached for that.

Your core roles is to finish your job, but attitude plays a big part on the coaching. No good leader would coach someone that tried their hardest but didn't get their work done. But if someone did the bare minimum and didn't finish, they deserve a coaching.

I wish I had read your post before I replied, spot on.

And its how you go about it right? If you tell me to work faster and I say I will try and I ultimately dont do it, then I dont know if its a coachable offense.

Now if I show dissent when you ask me and give the indication I am purposely going slow then yes that is very coachable.

No leader is going to go up to a TM who is making an effort to complete their tasks and tell them they need to work faster. However, there are many duds that pass through the stores that do not put forth any effort and move slower than a snail. If a leader goes over the snail's opportunities, ultimately determining that more effort is needed in the urgency category, and that snail does not make the necessary effort to improve their speed, then that leader can certainly deliver a coaching for working more quickly. I don't have the core roles in front me, but I'm certain it says somewhere in there you have to perform your role with some speed (the first F in FFF).

If a leader challenges your for "not working faster" they will have to challenge others at the same speed.

One of our BRTMS was coached for not pulling faster despite beating the all the goal times and being faster than the other TM. He challenged it won. You can't force the hardest working TMs to work faster. The TM in OP maybe not think they'll finish the workload but they still moving faster than the OCD TM. The slow one should termed, not the one that not going enter slave mode because the other one is slow as fuck. It's not fair. asants but out ETL made it clear that HRBP wouldn't put with coachings like that.

We have "old women, teen girls and other lazys" that refuse to pull the freezers or go up ladders because they "can't do it" when they get flow shifts.

You can't coach a TM that does all that and more when lazy TMs like the above exists.

If a leader challenges your for "not working faster" they will have to challenge others at the same speed.

One of our BRTMS was coached for not pulling faster despite beating the all the goal times and being faster than the other TM. He challenged it won. You can't force the hardest working TMs to work faster. The TM in OP maybe not think they'll finish the workload but they still moving faster than the OCD TM. The slow one should termed, not the one that not going enter slave mode because the other one is slow as fuck. It's not fair. asants but out ETL made it clear that HRBP wouldn't put with coachings like that.

We have "old women, teen girls and other lazys" that refuse to pull the freezers or go up ladders because they "can't do it" when they get flow shifts.

You can't coach a TM that does all that and more when lazy TMs like the above exists.
You can coach anyone for not meeting expectations. It's your leader's job to give you solutions however but your performance is your own, and no one else's so challenging a performance discussion because you think that someone else isn't having that same discussion is not a legit reason to disregard what is being discussed with you.

You can coach anyone for not meeting expectations. It's your leader's job to give you solutions however but your performance is your own, and no one else's so challenging a performance discussion because you think that someone else isn't having that same discussion is not a legit reason to disregard what is being discussed with you.
You can't coach someone for unrealistic expectations. I don't know how to gauge the PC workload but if my TL told me to pull 3 hour cafs in under an hour that would not fly lmao.

Rereading the op, it doesn't seem that the TM with the "bad attitube" is even slow, they simply can't do the work of 4 people. You can't coach that and if you did it wouldn't make results for someone who doesn't care and already has a second job

You can't coach someone for unrealistic expectations. I don't know how to gauge the PC workload but if my TL told me to pull 3 hour cafs in under an hour that would not fly lmao.

Rereading the op, it doesn't seem that the TM with the "bad attitube" is even slow, they simply can't do the work of 4 people. You can't coach that and if you did it wouldn't make results for someone who doesn't care and already has a second job
If you read carefully we aren't talking about unrealistic expectations. That's a whole different conversation to be had. We are talking about coaching TMs for choosing to not improve. That is totally "coachable". If we are having a conversation about improving speed and giving you ways to help improve speed and a statement is made about another tm's performance, that's not a valid rebuttal nor would that fly with an reasonable leader. You are responsible for yourself and your work performance. If your TL or ETL aren't holding the slackers accountable, then that's a different situation and conversation to be had.

No leader is going to go up to a TM who is making an effort to complete their tasks and tell them they need to work faster.

This actually seems to happen quite frequently at my store. Earlier in my Spot career (lol), my TL nearly had me in tears because she pretty much flat out said I'm too slow and everyone was giving me attitude for it, including LODs. I've always been thorough when it comes to my work, not to mention I was new to the work center at that time. Expectations are very high.

If you read carefully we aren't talking about unrealistic expectations. That's a whole different conversation to be had. We are talking about coaching TMs for choosing to not improve. That is totally "coachable". If we are having a conversation about improving speed and giving you ways to help improve speed and a statement is made about another tm's performance, that's not a valid rebuttal nor would that fly with an reasonable leader. You are responsible for yourself and your work performance. If your TL or ETL aren't holding the slackers accountable, then that's a different situation and conversation to be had.
Improvement is subjective. They TM in the OP is being dragged down by the slow TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back