How do I use the finger scanner while line-busting?

I have gotten the finger scanner paired with a MyCheckout device and can make it beep using the scanner control app. I can't get it to scan while using the MyCheckout app and line-busting. Has anyone gotten that to work?

I've used the finger scanner for over a year with MCO. And folks at my store use it for Flex Fulfillment too.

BTW, IDK if anyone heard this, but the newest Foundational Best Practice update on Workbench says that we should stop linebusting and open up more checklanes instead, and to only use MCO for Save the Sale and POS Offline Mode outside of events.

BTW, IDK if anyone heard this, but the newest Foundational Best Practice update on Workbench says that we should stop linebusting and open up more checklanes instead, and to only use MCO for Save the Sale and POS Offline Mode outside of events.

About damn time! Knowing how to line bust is smart, but to have someone do that instead of register is silly. I'm more then happy to do it when we are busy and all the lanes are full. Lately, we have been having the SCO TM do line busting in addition to watching SCO.

I heard (around the time the Hell aka drive up returns information came out) that line busting should be used more often but only when lines aren’t that long or people have few items

I heard (around the time the Hell aka drive up returns information came out) that line busting should be used more often but only when lines aren’t that long or people have few items

Things change quickly. The new best practice was posted a week and a half ago-ish. They want us to stop line busting. While I get where they're coming from, I personally disagree with it. Line busting is really useful IMO. On the weekends, I'm always ringing up guests near the SCOs and around the checklanes. My store is a Ultra High Volume store and I know the to line bust well, as well as the situations when it's best to have folks hop on a lane.

For line busting? If so how

Scan the barcode on the Zebra BT connection app with the finger scanner, and it should connect. Once you hear a four-tone beep sound and the Zebra notification sound (the Android "Pixie Dust" notification sound,) then is it paired. It will also say on the screen that the pairing is successful.

Scan the barcode on the Zebra BT connection app with the finger scanner, and it should connect. Once you hear a four-tone beep sound and the Zebra notification sound (the Android "Pixie Dust" notification sound,) then is it paired. It will also say on the screen that the pairing is successful.
I do that then when I scan with the checkout app nothing happens. I can control the scanner using the device though

Things change quickly. The new best practice was posted a week and a half ago-ish. They want us to stop line busting. While I get where they're coming from, I personally disagree with it. Line busting is really useful IMO. On the weekends, I'm always ringing up guests near the SCOs and around the checklanes. My store is a Ultra High Volume store and I know the to line bust well, as well as the situations when it's best to have folks hop on a lane.

MCO is kinda dumb. If you have the ability to stand there and check people out you have the ability to open a register. A register gives a better appearance of control and wait time than MCO would. I’d you’re just standing there checking out guests waiting for sco, those people chose to get in that line expecting to wait so while they’ll be appreciative they also won’t mind waiting because they already think they will. Meanwhile people who want a real register are waiting in a line that you could help decrease. It really should only be used for save the sale or if every register is open.

The in store checkout option was only added originally for high volume stores with not even registers for peak seasons and were the first stores to get the MCO carts as a temporary register once all others are open. It was never designed to be used as an alternative to a register but instead a last resort.

Lately, we have been having the SCO TM do line busting in addition to watching SCO.
😂🤣
No. Just no. Actually, not just no, but H E double hockey sticks NO!

They've asked us to do this at my store and I've said no, I don't even want to man SCO for a 15 for this reason.
I'm ineffective at servicing the SCOs if I'm tied to a transaction, on top of the expectation that I also act as "GSA" if a lane gets a blinker and now I'm doing three things at once, not giving my full attention to anyone.

And then enter the Shipt shoppers with 4 different orders wanting me to audit their stuff while SCO 163 needs an ID check now. 🙄

❌ NO.

At my old store, it was a remodeled super, so only 14 lanes not the old 26. The SETL would use line busting as a way to knock some lines down but still be flexible enough to keep an eye on the lanes. Also, it wasn't uncommon for all 14 to be open from backup calls.

😂🤣
No. Just no. Actually, not just no, but H E double hockey sticks NO!

They've asked us to do this at my store and I've said no, I don't even want to man SCO for a 15 for this reason.
I'm ineffective at servicing the SCOs if I'm tied to a transaction, on top of the expectation that I also act as "GSA" if a lane gets a blinker and now I'm doing three things at once, not giving my full attention to anyone.

And then enter the Shipt shoppers with 4 different orders wanting me to audit their stuff while SCO 163 needs an ID check now. 🙄

❌ NO.

I know right. If you just do the 1-3 item orders, it's manageable, but it's a lot. And don't forget that you have to greet every guest!

I know right. If you just do the 1-3 item orders, it's manageable, but it's a lot. And don't forget that you have to greet every guest!
Even 1 item takes no less than 45 seconds.

Scan > hit Pay > ask them if they want to enter a number for Circle (my store makes us ask for their number when line busting and typing it ourselves — with which I ethically disagree because they're not the ones accepting the text message disclaimer, so I let them do it if they want themselves) > flip it over > card takes a good 8-10 seconds to approve > receipt options > receipt prompt or printing takes another 5-10 seconds.

By the time that's over, Karen on SCO 162 is just glaring at me with disgust, 164 needs a security device removed, I have another Guest who just cut the line trying to pay for his one item, etc.

Nope. Besides, the focus at SCO should be G.U.E.S.T.-centric, not reducing wait time.
Wait time is reduced by opening more lanes.

Back