Logistics How do you setup RFID guns now with Chromebooks?

Shitfromstore

Backroom Team Lead in transition
We've received new RFID guns but I haven't set one up since they switched us over to Chromebooks, anybody got the solution?

Is there a way to update the RFID guns using the chromebooks? I know the old way was to just take the cable and plug them into the usb and it would pop up but can’t figure out how to update my rfid using the new computers

Why do you have Chromebooks?
I think they mean chromebox. Eventually all stores will convert windows computers to chromebox excluding the signing PC in specifics store formats. Chromebook and chromebox sound familar.

Is there a way to update the RFID guns using the chromebooks? I know the old way was to just take the cable and plug them into the usb and it would pop up but can’t figure out how to update my rfid using the new computers
There’s no way to update on the chromeboxs. Zebra and Target hasn’t made compatible versions for Chrome OS and the computer won’t allow you to install any software.

The latest firmware was January 2019. Any new RFID should have the latest firmware versions

I think they mean chromebox. Eventually all stores will convert windows computers to chromebox excluding the signing PC in specifics store formats. Chromebook and chromebox sound familar.

There’s no way to update on the chromeboxs. Zebra and Target hasn’t made compatible versions for Chrome OS and the computer won’t allow you to install any software.

The latest firmware was January 2019. Any new RFID should have the latest firmware versions
Oof, I transferred stores and noticed that the signal on the RFID devices is a lot weaker than the ones we had at my old store 😅 oh well

Oof, I transferred stores and noticed that the signal on the RFID devices is a lot weaker than the ones we had at my old store 😅 oh well
There is trick that I did a year ago to fix the signal. I’ll let you know next time I go in to see if it still works.
How do you update/fix zebra printers? Is the printer loader app on the chromebox?
It has to be a windows computer. Call CSC or ask your PML to submit a work order for the printer in MyTech. There’s really no need to send it back for software updates since the only update is the ‘configure ID’ option.

There is trick that I did a year ago to fix the signal. I’ll let you know next time I go in to see if it still works.

It has to be a windows computer. Call CSC or ask your PML to submit a work order for the printer in MyTech. There’s really no need to send it back for software updates since the only update is the ‘configure ID’ option.
Pleeeease that would be AMAZING

Ok all you RFID gun experts. What does the solid red light indicate while scannning(as opposed to the flashing green light that is normally seen)? Keeps happening today I was wondering

Pleeeease that would be AMAZING
You need to download an app on your smartphone. It’s either the ‘Zebra Scanner Control’ or ‘Zebra RFID’ app on the app/play store. Pair the RFID gun in the Bluetooth settings of your phone. Open one of those apps and it’ll ask you to tap on the RFID you are connected too. On the settings page, there is an option for antenna. The default number is 270 but the range is 0-300. This would control how weak/strong the RFID signal is when scanning.
Ok all you RFID gun experts. What does the solid red light indicate while scannning(as opposed to the flashing green light that is normally seen)? Keeps happening today I was wondering
Haven’t experienced a solid red where the flashing green light is at, only amber. You’re talking about the small rectangle light on the back of the RFID?
The solid amber light means bad signal is being sent or be received. Rebooting the RFID will fix the issue.

Back