Archived How do you turn off these new camera alarms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PugMuffin

Ex Captain of the Electronics Boat
In March, my electronics department got a major facelift (as part of a E & E innovation pilot, I believe) and it included some new-fangled security devices for the displays. No one can figure out how these things turn off. The previous display had a place on it where you could just turn a key to shut them off, but these new ones don't have that. We recieved a micro USB device that goes on our keychain that supposedly turns them off, but we haven't got it to work. There were no instructions (according to anyone's knowledge) included in the set on how to shut the alarms off. We had a visit the other day when one of them went off, and the DTL, the APBP, the STL from antother store, the STL from my store, and three ETLs just stared cluelessly at it. No other store in the district has these. Literally know one knows what to do. We've started to just revove them from the displays and hide them in the back room until they shut up. I was just curious to know if anyone else got this update or has similar USB security devices at their store that might know how to shut these off.

There were instructions for the SFT, Plano Team Leader, and ETL-AP(if you have one) on how to program the new displays. I would start with these people as they had specific direction to program them.

Sadly, the neither the SFT nor the ETL AP know how to turn them off. They said they didn't recieve instructions on how. I haven't thought to ask the presentation TL, though.

Our USB turns them off but it's tricky. They go off randomly and after you struggle to turn them off they start up again as soon as you start to walk away.

Sadly, the neither the SFT nor the ETL AP know how to turn them off. They said they didn't recieve instructions on how. I haven't thought to ask the presentation TL, though.

They did.

Its on Workbench -> Transition Communication

There was an SFT e-mail sent to the SFT with a project.

It was actually sent to a lot of people. Ask your ETL-HL or Plano TL sometimes they will know whats going on.

If it is the new serpentine posts they should have gotten a little IR fob that mutes the alarm when it goes off. The directions stated to keep the extras in the CO. They should be the same fob that is used to mute the alarm dock for the iPad at guest service.

When all else fails use a bigger hammer.
Haha. That works too. When the old APS at my store couldn't get a spider wrap alarm to turn off, he'd just throw it on the ground or bang it against the electronics desk until it stopped making noise.

Haha. That works too. When the old APS at my store couldn't get a spider wrap alarm to turn off, he'd just throw it on the ground or bang it against the electronics desk until it stopped making noise.
*me rummages in my toolbox, pulls out a large carpenter's hammer*
Got it!

Those things are beasts though! Someone tried stealing something In the bathroom and one went off.. apparently the guy tried stomping on it and the handle broke off.. then he threw it in the toilet.. then he takes a massive dump on it..:D my ETL tried getting me to fish it out but I lied and told him I didn't renew my certification. He made me get one of those toy claw things so he could get it out.. hahaha :D

The USB part is suppose to go into the bottom of the base which then you'd see a green or red light go off in the USB stick. Red obviously means error bit sometimes the alarm does turn off even with a red light but green confirms alarm is reset and ready to go off whenever a punk tries stealing it.

The USB part is suppose to go into the bottom of the base which then you'd see a green or red light go off in the USB stick. Red obviously means error bit sometimes the alarm does turn off even with a red light but green confirms alarm is reset and ready to go off whenever a punk tries stealing it.
Hm... that's what I thought was supposed to happen. We've only get red when we plug it in.

Hm... that's what I thought was supposed to happen. We've only get red when we plug it in.

There is a black box that we are suppose to use to "teach" the USB key to recognize the base... Of your getting a red light with the key in, reprogram the base and it should work!

There is a black box that we are suppose to use to "teach" the USB key to recognize the base... Of your getting a red light with the key in, reprogram the base and it should work!
Thanks. We're still having problems. I'll take a look at that tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back