Archived How does the STL/ETL's/TL's/GSA dress at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends on how I'm feeling. Today, I wore a red hoodie and a red t-shirt because I felt like shit (migraine at work, UGH). When I'm feeling better, I have a couple of fitted red tees with cool designs I'll wear, or a cardigan over a not-red solid color t-shirt. As a GSA, I see no reason to dress up all fancy to work like the ETLs. I don't get paid enough to care that much.

TMs dress nicer than the leaders at my store. When I'm in Red/Khaki, I purposely dress down just in case I need to make an apprehension...but some of our Sr.TLs dress in a dirty Target shirt from the early 2000s and some old khakis. Probably couldn't pick a "manager" from a group.

The leadership at my store (we're in an upper middle-class area) more often than not wear more expensive brand name stuff. They're all extremely presentable in my opinion. Compared to me, I usually wear red polo's and khaki pants that have some extra room in case I have to crouch down and etc. Most of the people in my store are nicely dressed, but flow always wear's red t-shirts that you can tell they don't wash too often.

Khakis and a Red T-Shirt, not tucked, because tucking a T-Shirt looks pretentious, and High top sneakers cause ankles are awesome. (And one of mine is blown out from Hockey). They don't pay me enough to be able to afford nice clothes that I will eventually ruin due to my job environment.

I would say most male ETLs should wear dress khakis and a red polo of some kind with their shirt tucked in (most of the time), but it depends on what they are doing. I don't blame any ETL who is coming into work to bust ass on something so they are dressing down.

Got me a pair of Dockers loafers for my lod shifts. Would black work/tennis shoes pass for an etl?

The leadership at my store (we're in an upper middle-class area) more often than not wear more expensive brand name stuff. They're all extremely presentable in my opinion. Compared to me, I usually wear red polo's and khaki pants that have some extra room in case I have to crouch down and etc. Most of the people in my store are nicely dressed, but flow always wear's red t-shirts that you can tell they don't wash too often.

Some of our Flow TM seem to never wash their shirts, some of their shirts are really gross looking. There were a couple of Flow TM we gave volunteer shirts because their shirts were beyond gross.

All of our ETL's dress fairly professional or try to sneak in a polo or cardigan, Out TL's could care less as long as it's red and khaki many wear the free target shirts they've gotten.

I work market so I'm always wearing a plaid wool button down because it keeps me somewhat warm when working in pfresh and I don't have to worry about a red shirt getting stained, holes from rubbing on my belt buckle. Bonus, if I'm working in coolers I can slip a hoodie underneath.:cool::D

Anyone else work in a store where a majority of the women wear boots like this? I think it looks adorable, but it's also funny that nearly every girl on the front end owns a pair of brown boots.
accce818d68d049dd933b88b02ab2273.jpg

During cold weather, yes. Otherwise it's generally Sperry shoes and Vans.

Got me a pair of Dockers loafers for my lod shifts. Would black work/tennis shoes pass for an etl?

Our ETLs always wear tennis shoes. Actually, my ETL-HR dresses up a bit 9 times out of 10, but the ETL-SF, ETL-LOG, and 2 of our 3 SrTLs all wear tennis shoes every day.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure my STL normally wears black tennis shoes as well.

If I were you, I would dress as nice as possible right up until it has even the slightest impact on your ability to do your job. Function over form, imo. We all make jokes about the "dressy" people in our store, because they also often end up being the laziest/most hands-off.

I totally understand dressing up a bit in order to portray a certain image to vendors, guests, etc. but I think it creates a better atmosphere and TMs seem to respect leaders who dress in a way that allows them to be totally hands on.

...but then again, this opens up a million arguments about whether or not it's actually effective/efficient/appropriate for ETLs and STLs to be doing the "work of TMs" so yea...I have no idea what I'm saying at this point lol.

Anyone else work in a store where a majority of the women wear boots like this? I think it looks adorable, but it's also funny that nearly every girl on the front end owns a pair of brown boots.
accce818d68d049dd933b88b02ab2273.jpg
Aren't you on California? Must get pretty hot feet in those.

Our ETLs always wear tennis shoes. Actually, my ETL-HR dresses up a bit 9 times out of 10, but the ETL-SF, ETL-LOG, and 2 of our 3 SrTLs all wear tennis shoes every day.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure my STL normally wears black tennis shoes as well.

If I were you, I would dress as nice as possible right up until it has even the slightest impact on your ability to do your job. Function over form, imo. We all make jokes about the "dressy" people in our store, because they also often end up being the laziest/most hands-off.

I totally understand dressing up a bit in order to portray a certain image to vendors, guests, etc. but I think it creates a better atmosphere and TMs seem to respect leaders who dress in a way that allows them to be totally hands on.

...but then again, this opens up a million arguments about whether or not it's actually effective/efficient/appropriate for ETLs and STLs to be doing the "work of TMs" so yea...I have no idea what I'm saying at this point lol.

That's a great point. Function over form every day. I've owned a pair of these dockers for a few years, they're cheap and they last, plus they're pretty comfortable. The tennis shoes I've got are a pair of black Sketchers work shoes and they are as close to walking on clouds as I can imagine.

Id much rather see people focusing on doing a good job then worrying too much about clothing and wasting the company's time by chatting about incessantly. I'm looking at few of my ETLs when saying this. I don't care if someone is salary, that clock is ticking and we've got work to do. Get off of Facebook too.

As a Sr. I wear a button down with dress shoes every day...most male TL wear a polo tucked in though. The female TL wear t-shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back