How does your stores overnight process work?

I was wondering how the overnight process is going for other stores. My store is currently feeling like all the work is getting put on the overnight shift.

Last edited:
I’m at a very high volume store and we are still an overnight process. There’s roughly 50 TMs for overnights tho not all 50 are there every night. Truck unload has about 13 people as part of the actual unload 1 or 2 throwers and about 10 on the line. Combo repacks are sorted on the line then put in their appropriate areas. 1 or 2 pallet pullers depending on how heavy it is. Those not part of the unload are pulling, pushing & back stocking 1 for 1s and breaking down repacks that come up on their pallets (3 in HBA/OTC, 3 or 4 for softlines and 2 or 3 for hardlines to breakout home & domestic repacks as well as 1 for stationary/office repacks) after truck unload half the unload team is assigned to push out toys/sporting goods, home & domestic, while the other half is assigned to push Pets, chem & seasonal. Market & electronics is pushed by dayside except if it’s unusually Heavy then a couple of overnighters will push some market and electronics.

Its been a while since ive taken a closer look but wasnt it directed that everything should be sorted during the unload or is that just what i was told when i was running the unload?
Yes everything is broken during unload. However you don’t have a full team to begin with .

Back