How easy to get hired?

I'm planning on applying at a Target DC in January. I've never worked at a warehouse job before, only fast food and retail. In 2021 I applied to an actual Target store twice, but did not receive the job either time (I received a virtual interview once). What is the interview process like for a Target DC, how difficult is it to get hired?

Don’t wait until January, most likely they will be trying to get teams to a lower headcount after the holidays. Usually there is mandatory OT this time of year, but this year so over staffed people aren’t even working their full schedule.

So at a DC I wouldn't be able to pick up much OT? Just curious, what DC are are at if you don't mind me asking?

So I'm not able to apply and begin working until January. You don't think I'd be able to get hired at that time?

Getting hired at a DC is 100% timing. There are no interviews, just the application online and I believe there’s an “honesty test” with it.
Best time to apply is May-Sep. Earlier than that we’re (typically pre-Covid) pretty slow so they don’t hire much. Later than that and you won’t be through your 90 before Xmas, which makes you easily expendable when they’re trying to cut head count.
It’s not impossible to get hired in Jan, but if it were me and I didn’t need to apply then, I’d hold off til April or so when the #s are more favorable.

Ok, thanks. So if I apply in January and don't get the job, would that hurt my chances if I apply again in May or June?

Ok, thanks. So if I apply in January and don't get the job, would that hurt my chances if I apply again in May or June?
Not necessarily. If they have an application open chances are they are hiring. I say just go for it whenever you can.

Back