Archived How is price change/accuracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to get cross trained in pricing for the longest time. The ETL in charge of it (and who've I've been annoying about training) got promoted to STL at another store and ironically at the same time one of the pricing TM's got fired. They are looking for a new pricing TM now.

I'm thinking of applying to it and possibly leaving the backroom. I'm sick of the inconsistent scheduling, running around everywhere, and sweating my balls off in the backroom.

How is pricing? Schedule wise, it seems awesome. Mon-Fri, weekends off, usually 8-4:30, maybe a bit less when hours are dire. I'd be taking a tiny pay cut but it'd seem worth it to know I don't have to come in on Saturday.

Last edited:
ASANTS. My store they start at 630 and work till 3 during busy time. Slow time they usually do 630-12. I've done price change workload in the back and the sales floor not to hard go to the aisle and scan the item it will let you know if that what's being marked down. Pretty sure Softlines would be the hardest pArt. Our price change also had to do sign overnight sat every other weekend

Our pricing team works weekends too. New STL may change that at your store.

It takes a LOT of patience and a good spirit to not let things get to you. POG will take clearance down and shove it in the backroom, softlines will give zero fucks about zoning RTW clearance, the workload can vary drastically from day to day and week to week, and you will probably have to beg to get help when you need it.

After seeing the crap our pricing TM goes through, I'd take backroom every single time.

I'm curious about pricing too. I have a half a shift in it coming up and have never been trained in it. We have two full-time pricing ladies and a couple folks who do it part time. Full timers work M-F 8-4:30 but are usually expected to stay until the days workload is complete. No weekends, no nights.

I'm on price accuracy and it can be very frustrating/tedious. It's good if youre detailed oriented and paitient. The work load can be extremely heavy some days and your team can end up working 10 - 11 hours days to finish everything. we're constantly pulled to help in other departments and projects and then yelled at when our work load isn't finished from working on other projects we were pulled to do. ASANTS , but my store works 6am - 2:30pm or 7am - 3:30. It's a good choice If you dislike working at night or late afternoons. My store works Sunday morning to work ahead for the Monday pricing work load.we never work on Saturdays.

I'm on price accuracy and it can be very frustrating/tedious. It's good if youre detailed oriented and paitient. The work load can be extremely heavy some days and your team can end up working 10 - 11 hours days to finish everything. we're constantly pulled to help in other departments and projects and then yelled at when our work load isn't finished from working on other projects we were pulled to do. ASANTS , but my store works 6am - 2:30pm or 7am - 3:30. It's a good choice If you dislike working at night or late afternoons. My store works Sunday morning to work ahead for the Monday pricing work load.we never work on Saturdays.

I found it good for my picky brain but awful for my body cause you do end up standing in one spot for long periods of time. Just know you don't run around like in the back.

I found it good for my picky brain but awful for my body cause you do end up standing in one spot for long periods of time. Just know you don't run around like in the back.
It's frustrating because you can spend ages ticketing a 100 of one item and because they're all the same DCPI it only counts as one in the system.

I ended up applying for the position (odd you need to apply & interview to transfer to a non supervisor role but whatever). I need a change of scenery from the backroom. :)

Our pricing team works weekends too. New STL may change that at your store.
What do they do? Work from behind? Certain areas are supposed to be completed in certain days as far as I'm aware.

What do they do? Work from behind? Certain areas are supposed to be completed in certain days as far as I'm aware.
Ad set on Sundays, followed by getting a start on Monday's workload. Saturdays sometimes helping POG.

Lol I guess that makes sense. Now I wonder how many people are scheduled for it daily to where they're needed 7 days a week.
Our weekly workload this week was at 100 hours, without pushing. Mondays workload for instance is 29 hours. We only have 2 full time team members and a couple cross trained. I worked about 4 hours today into Monday after finishing today's workload. My other tm will be working Sunday for 6 hours after setting up the ad. We are scheduled full days on monday and that should finish the workload out. Saturdays we typically don't work in pricing though.

I ended up applying for the position (odd you need to apply & interview to transfer to a non supervisor role but whatever). I need a change of scenery from the backroom. :)

It will definitely be a change. You still have time frames to meet and you may or may not be expected to push everything you mark from the backroom. Also with shopability right now in our district we have another sales pad in our backroom on racks and up top.. so that's always fun.

Softlines will be hardest for you. Everyone hates softlines.. but it gets easier once you've got a routine.

If you have specific questions message me and I'll get back to you.

I didn't get the position. The interview went pretty terrible (probobly the worst interview I ever did) and leadership felt I was only chasing it because of hours and that I wouldn't put any passion into it. They were worried that I would try to leave the workcenter if hours weren't up to par.

I pretty much agreed with them. I struggled explaining why I wanted to do price change and what I would bring to it.

Last edited:
I didn't get the position. The interview went pretty terrible (probobly the worst interview I ever did) and leadership felt I was only chasing it because of hours and that I wouldn't put any passion into it. They were worried that I would try to leave the workcenter if hours weren't up to par.

I pretty much agreed with them. I struggled explaining why I wanted to do price change and what I would bring to it.

wow. i was a cart attendant and they literally asked me if i wanted to do it. i said yes and they pulled me in and told me to behave and they would be "trying me out on a probationary term and if i didnt catch on i wouldnt stay in the position" that was 3 years ago.. lol. no interview or anything.. wierd

wow. i was a cart attendant and they literally asked me if i wanted to do it. i said yes and they pulled me in and told me to behave and they would be "trying me out on a probationary term and if i didnt catch on i wouldnt stay in the position" that was 3 years ago.. lol. no interview or anything.. wierd

The interview was weird. They threw me with the questions you get when you're first interviewing to get hired with spot. I interviewed with the Plano/Pricing TL and the sales floor ETL (2 interviews). For whatever reason, I struggled with them because I didn't think they'd be asked. At the same time all I know about price change is they ticket items for clearance and push it to the floor (if time allows). I'm sure if I spent some time ahead of time I could have formulated better answers from my time in the backroom.

IIRC the questions were:

Why do you want to do price change?
What would you bring to the workcenter?
Are you fine working independently without a leader or direction?
Does the schedule work for you?
Tell me about a time you had a set of tasks conflicting with each other
Tell me about a time you had an issue with a co-worker and what you did to resolve it

There were a few more based on the STAR model.

The interview was weird. They threw me with the questions you get when you're first interviewing to get hired with spot. I interviewed with the Plano/Pricing TL and the sales floor ETL (2 interviews). For whatever reason, I struggled with them because I didn't think they'd be asked. At the same time all I know about price change is they ticket items for clearance and push it to the floor (if time allows). I'm sure if I spent some time ahead of time I could have formulated better answers from my time in the backroom.

IIRC the questions were:

Why do you want to do price change?
What would you bring to the workcenter?
Are you fine working independently without a leader or direction?
Does the schedule work for you?
Tell me about a time you had a set of tasks conflicting with each other
Tell me about a time you had an issue with a co-worker and what you did to resolve it

There were a few more based on the STAR model.

yeah i interview terribly. the position is about accuracy (hence, price accuracy). Not only do they want you to be fast and idependent they want to make sure you have an eye to distinguish different items (a 20pk item can be the same dpci as a 20 plus 4 free pack.. but a 24 pack of the same item will not be the same as the 20 plus 4 free.. they ALWAYS get mixed up.) but working in the backroom you should be able to notice that just from sorting backstock so that should not be an issue. if youre not sure you can match UPCs or just scan everything one by one.

Dont get down! instead, ask them if you can be crosstrained in the position just as a backup then. tell them you want to learn what price accuracy does for the company (driving sales by marking items competitively with walmart, clearancing out the old stuff and making room for the new.. we also can update counts when the item goes final markdown.. so if you have that one pesky item that says 10OH and you really only have 1.. as long as you only print one sticker it will update the count. instocks isnt able to scan items once they go clearance so this helps shortage (it can also negatively affect shortage if the tm is trying to be "accurate" and prints all ten... dont do that) alot of people say that a good price accuracy score tells the company how the store is doing overall. if the freight isnt set right, it cant be pushed right. if its not pushed right it cant be found right by instocks or price change.. thus making our scores red) every team in the store effects price change in one way or another so if our scores are red its probably because something else isnt getting done right, or the team just sucks. lol.

Price change is so boorrinnnggg. The first month was fun. Second month is OK. Third month, it gets so repetitive, it's hard to focus and stay awake. Your not missing out on much. You should try out for plano.

I could not wake up @ 3am. I absolutely cannot go to bed when it is light out still.

I could not wake up @ 3am. I absolutely cannot go to bed when it is light out still.

Me neither. When I was overnight, the only reason I could fall asleep after sunrise was because I was absolutely beat by the time I got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back