Archived How is this a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve been told twice now by an ETL and a SETL that we are now supposed to be taking our vehicles down the isles while pushing freight. Apparently it saves time but I don’t see it. And I will not pull a flat up and down isles with me just to put one or two things on an isle. I also think it takes up way too much space and will always be in a guests way versus if I was to put it in the middle of the main isle or beside an endcap or on the back wall. I can understand 3-tiers but I don’t understand all the other vehicles. My isles are always so crowded and crazy to begin with. Is anyone else being told this and how are they dealing with it?

SOP for Modernization, but my store management doesn't enforce it.

LOL At my store the guests complain about the vehicles. It’s not logical there gonna see it won’t work out at some point.

So I’ve been told twice now by an ETL and a SETL that we are now supposed to be taking our vehicles down the isles while pushing freight. Apparently it saves time but I don’t see it. And I will not pull a flat up and down isles with me just to put one or two things on an isle. I also think it takes up way too much space and will always be in a guests way versus if I was to put it in the middle of the main isle or beside an endcap or on the back wall. I can understand 3-tiers but I don’t understand all the other vehicles. My isles are always so crowded and crazy to begin with. Is anyone else being told this and how are they dealing with it?
You shouldn’t really be using flats for sort and stock anyway. Beside the couple for PP2 most custom blocks should be sorted into a uboat and that’s where the keep your vehicle at your hip comes from.

You shouldn’t really be using flats for sort and stock anyway. Beside the couple for PP2 most custom blocks should be sorted into a uboat and that’s where the keep your vehicle at your hip comes from.

My store would do this but we don't have enough Uboats. Hence the flat.

I have a flat with Bike/Sport and one for Auto/Luggage
The rest of my vehicles for toys are uboats

I have a flat with Bike/Sport and one for Auto/Luggage
The rest of my vehicles for toys are uboats
Yeah you definitely need a couple like plastics and such but usually not a big deal if you only use flats for large items because you can push them a lot faster and only be in the way for a couple minutes apose to pushing a flat of chem which would be in the way for a while

My store has always been about taking your boat with you down aisles but I am always getting so internally angry because it's such a hassle because I work in a busy area and there is always a group of people down the aisle I am working in and I spend more time moving my vehicles out of "their way". Somehow everything they look for just so happens to be behind my uboat but I dont see them buying it.

I typically park my U-boat in one spot in the middle of 3-4 aisles and I just walk everything over from there, unless I have a ton of stuff for one aisle. But I do repacks, so it's always mixed up. Keeping it in one spot prevents me from having to move it constantly because of guests.

We were told we can keep U-boats on the back walls of the aisles, but not in the front. I miss keeping it in the main aisle cause it was never in anyone's way and guests could easily walk by on either side of me.

I typically park my U-boat in one spot in the middle of 3-4 aisles and I just walk everything over from there, unless I have a ton of stuff for one aisle. But I do repacks, so it's always mixed up. Keeping it in one spot prevents me from having to move it constantly because of guests.

We were told we can keep U-boats on the back walls of the aisles, but not in the front. I miss keeping it in the main aisle cause it was never in anyone's way and guests could easily walk by on either side of me.
You should be sorting repacks before pushing them. Spend 10 minutes sorting and it’ll save you 20 minutes walking back and forth from your uboat

I only wish we were allowed to do that, it would be way more convenient for me to park it at an end cap but no apparently is more efficient to keep it within arms reach at all times.

They don't let me. I used to super sort everything into carts. Now I don't get to sort at all, it's put-the-boxes-on-the-Uboat-and-go.

Same. I come in for my 4 hour evening shift and there's always at least 12 repacks. I don't have room to sort them--there's none in the back and they'd grill you if you did it on the floor--and in any case, I don't have time to sort them. That would take at least an hour...and I need to do reshop, at least some pushing, auditing, etc.

And that's not even dealing with the guests. There are always a lot of them in my department and I get lots of them that need to have their hands held to find something.

They want me to do pulls too but then I'd probably not get that done either because of calls of "who's in x department right now, a guest needs help!"

I'm pretty sure that strategy is only for uboats that are sorted by 4 ft section in the aisle.
That is correct , if you stock in the aisle that uboat needs to be inside the aisle , as for flats at the end of an endcap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back