Archived How long before you can transfer stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious how quickly you can transfer to another store. After 90 days? At any point? More than 3 months? I loved the store where I trained at...it's closer location to home, the employees, the layout, the schedule, etc. I just want to know how long I have to wait because I'm not feeling it at my home store :rolleyes:

if I recall correctly, you can transfer after your 90 days. I can't remember if this rule is written in target policy, or if it's just an unwritten rule but typically unless there is extraordinary or unusual circumstances, you must wait 90 days before transferring. Additionally, you must not be on corrective action that is still in effect. It's also worth mentioning, that your store, if they feel you are not a good team member, such as having a lot of coachings, conduct issues, etc, they don't have to let you transfer. If you wish to transfer, simply speak to your store's human resources executive or team leader first. Then, if they do not follow up, take the initiative to yourself and contact your perspective stores HR and get the ball rolling.

the other store must also have an opening in an area that you're trained in, or be willing to train you.

I'm fine with waiting 90 days, I just don't want to be stuck there. Ive got five other targets within 10 miles that are closer than my home store and I'm trained as GSA so hopefully I wouldn't be hard to fit in as I can do that as well as cart attendant, guest service, and cashier shifts lol.

S/n: Main thing that drives me crazy about my store is it being an integrated store. Having guest service combined with the check lanes was a real bad call at this store.

Yes lord, back ups happen twice as often and guest service stays looking more packed and their busier. Give me an unincorporated store anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back